GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,370 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

StarCraft: The Board Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Idea: Tactical game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was plastifying "battle master" cards and realized that it could be possible to adapt Starcraft to battle masters. You could move units on a hex map and you could have cards that tell which units can move. Assist units would have a card with a special ability. The mini would look very cool on an hex map. Battletech maps would fit perfectly.

Else, it could be possible to make some sort of chess like game with the SC miniatures. That would also look cool. I think I will take some pictures just for the fun of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey
Russia
St. Petersburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a bit of Chain Reaction 3.0 with starcraft miniatures. It has a more fluid and cinematic (rather than crunchy and game-y) feel than most tactics out there, so maybe it isn't what you are looking for.

The firefight simulation is great though, so it's my favorite wargame for modern and futuristic minis at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.