Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Schomburg
United States
Maplewood
MN
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for posting all your rule book clarifications. It has been really helpful in me trying to play. I have a few questions of my own so far

What does this mean on page 18?:
"Once the activation cost has been paid, replace the model on the dungeon map with the new shapeshift model enough room for the new model or the ability cannot be used."

Page 8:
Under "Advancing the Adventure Tracker" is says "Everytime the marker reaches a square marked "LOOT" the Heroes may draw one loot card from the Loot Deck."
This reads that the collective group of heroes draw a single card but that doesn't seem like it would scale well in games with more heroes. Have people be letting EACH hero draw a card instead?

Early I thought the consensus was the a Room = Tile. But certain diagrams in the rule contradict this definition. What exactly is a "Room" in this game?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brianschomburg wrote:
Thanks everyone for posting all your rule book clarifications. It has been really helpful in me trying to play. I have a few questions of my own so far

"Once the activation cost has been paid, replace the model on the dungeon map with the new shapeshift model enough room for the new model or the ability cannot be used."

Taking the Druid as an example, it takes 1 Action Point for him to shapeshift, so you would pay the 1 Action Point, then place the model. I think the confusing part is that this sentence has typos and I THINK what it meant to say is something like "making sure there is enough room for the new model or the ability cannot be used". So for instance, if the druid was in a corner surrounded by enemies, there wouldnt be enough space for the 2x2 new model and he couldnt shapeshift.

brianschomburg wrote:

Page 8:
Under "Advancing the Adventure Tracker" is says "Every time the marker reaches a square marked "LOOT" the Heroes may draw one loot card from the Loot Deck."
This reads that the collective group of heroes draw a single card but that doesn't seem like it would scale well in games with more heroes. Have people be letting EACH hero draw a card instead?

From our games, 1 loot is MORE than enough as there are some turns where they hit 2 or three of those spots. I cant speak for everyone else, but with the people I play with Im already struggling as the Consul with them drawing 1 loot per space.

brianschomburg wrote:

Early I thought the consensus was the a Room = Tile. But certain diagrams in the rule contradict this definition. What exactly is a "Room" in this game?

That's one of those big questions that everyone's been debating on the forums. The way my group plays though is that a room is anything that isnt the hallway (the area connecting tiles) or a wall (or solid item like a pillar). Each tile is kind of "case by case" tho as there are some weirdly shaped rooms, but I know one of the other people on here has uploaded a pdf of an example way of breaking up the tiles that works pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: Ninja'd but I will leave this up anyways

brianschomburg wrote:

This is referring to the Half-Elf Druid in the base set of the game. He can spend 1 action point (the activation cost) to change forms into the Angry Bear. You would replace his model with the Angry Bear model.

You cannot perform the action if say there were kobolds surrounding the druid and there was no room to actually fit the Angry Bear model (as it takes up 4 squares instead of 1).

brianschomburg wrote:
Page 8:
Under "Advancing the Adventure Tracker" is says "Everytime the marker reaches a square marked "LOOT" the Heroes may draw one loot card from the Loot Deck."

It is balanced because every hero has the chance to cause wounds, so it will advance the loot tracker farther each turn. It is most definitely 1 loot card per "loot square landed on or passed". If it were 1 for each hero, all the heroes would be completely decked out with gear after the first turn in larger games.

brianschomburg wrote:

There has been some fan made definitions of "rooms" in the game, but I have not heard anything official yet. Overall, it is pretty confusing right now with the dungeon tiles, rooms and hallways. I would probably house rules something for now until an official response is given.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattVid wrote:
EDIT: Ninja'd but I will leave this up anyways

brianschomburg wrote:

This is referring to the Half-Elf Druid in the base set of the game. He can spend 1 action point (the activation cost) to change forms into the Angry Bear. You would replace his model with the Angry Bear model.

You cannot perform the action if say there were kobolds surrounding the druid and there was no room to actually fit the Angry Bear model (as it takes up 4 squares instead of 1).

brianschomburg wrote:
Page 8:

It is balanced because every hero has the chance to cause wounds, so it will advance the loot tracker farther each turn. It is most definitely 1 loot card per "loot square landed on or passed". If it were 1 for each hero, all the heroes would be completely decked out with gear after the first turn in larger games.

brianschomburg wrote:

There has been some fan made definitions of "rooms" in the game, but I have not heard anything official yet. Overall, it is pretty confusing right now with the dungeon tiles, rooms and hallways. I would probably house rules something for now until an official response is given.

HA! Thanks for cleaning that up MattVid =).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Edwards
United States
Union
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As far as the loot tracker goes, you need to also remember that with more heroes there are also more spawn points and thus more monsters and chances to advance that tracker.

As has been stated, the loot tracker works pretty well as is. The heroes goal should be to be dealing as much damage as possible each turn to both advance that loot tracker and to also increase the chances that potions and hearts will pop out on the dice roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.