Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com

If you've put off your decision to pre-order American Rails, don't delay. This will likely be the final printing of the game, and ...

Only 20 more copies are available. Limited to one copy per person.

The pre-order price is $35 -- $5 off the standard price of $40. Shipping to the U.S. is $10. Shipping everywhere else is $17.50.

American customers *should* get it in time for Christmas. (International orders may get it in time too, but it depends on the postal service, which sometimes takes 4 to 8 weeks to ship internationally.)

To place your pre-order, visit:

http://www.gamesonthebrain.com/

... and click on the appropriate Paypal button.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Harrison
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com
About 300 copies now.

The first 3 printings were about 65 copies each. I doubled the size this time because nearly 100 people asked me to reserve a copy for them during the last year. Quite a few of them bailed after such a long time, but thankfully nearly all of the rest of the copies have been picked up by other people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. H.
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One less now! Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
Have they all been mailed? WHen did they go out? Just wondering when i can look for it here in the Netherlands...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's had some pretty bad family problems. The European customers will have to wait a little longer. Did you not get an email about it?

"Hi everyone,

Two days after fulfilling most of the American orders for American
Rails about 10 days ago, my father was taken to the hospital with
severe (and possibly fatal) health problems. He is still there now and
may be there for some time. Between dealing with that and
holiday/family gatherings, assembling and shipping the remaining
copies American Rails has been delayed. I hope you understand.

I'm going to try to finish things and ship the remaining copies this
week, but given my father's health situation, I can't make any
promises. It's entirely possible that they may not be shipped until
late next week.

I know this may be very disappointing to some of you, so if you'd like
to cancel your order and receive a full refund, please let me know and
I'll process it right away.

Sincerely,

Tim Harrison
Games on the Brain LLC
www.gamesonthebrain.com"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he has started the European shipping. My copy was confirmed posted by Paypal today.

I hope everything turned out ok for him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James To My Friends
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received mine too. Thank you very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No sign of mine yet, I'm guessing Customs have got their dirty, greedy hands on it. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Harrison
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com
Arctic Jack wrote:
No sign of mine yet, I'm guessing Customs have got their dirty, greedy hands on it. shake

FWIW, I'm shocked Jeroen and James got it already. USPS First Class International usually takes at least two weeks and as long as six weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Dickson
ACT
flag msg tools
??!
badge
And when you gaze long into Ducky Momo, Ducky Momo also gazes into you.
mb
I just got mine too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My copy has also just been dumped at my front door...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived today I can’t wait to play! I’m going to have to get that board mounted though. Nice little package, well done and thank you Mr Harrison.

I did end up getting stung with tax. £4.46 tax and then £8 handling on top of that, totalling £12.46! Let me get this straight - because I bought something outside of the country, that my government didn’t have anything to do with, I have to pay them money? Right... Because they have to look at what I bought to steal my money I have to pay them even more?

Can anyone justify this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because you chose to import goods through a service that did not handle customs charges, you mean?

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Cause you get free health care? And cameras watching you everywhere?

I don't know. For whatever reasons governments want money from everyone since the invention of governments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you pay VAT for stuff you buy in UK, you pay VAT for stuff you buy from EU countries, why shouldn't you pay VAT for stuff bought outside EU?

That handling charge is nasty, though, and I'm glad in Finland there's a lower limit of 10 euros where taxes lower than that are not charged at all (probably because all the effort to get that money costs more than the tax) - much better solution than handling charges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Free health care is a bit misleading, I pay for it every week out of my wages whether I use it or not and the care is less than satisfactory. Australia has much better system and from when I lived there it looked like a better quality of care for less money.

Maybe because people know no different they find it acceptable to pay this much tax on things. It gets my goat. I hate giving money to an incompetent, lying government. They have my country in 1 trillion pounds worth of debt and are off fighting wars that only profit National Banks and large corporations. The same people who pull the government strings. I could go on but this isn’t the place.

Ignore my rant.... Late night early morning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this game get mentioned and the good things about it. Somebody posted a link to the site. I saw you can preorder it. I hear of limited print runs and there being around 300 copies around. I quickly preorder only to be told they are already sold out and it looks like the info was for last year. Oh, and it was the last printing of the game. (repeated head desk)

http://www.gamesonthebrain.com/americanrails/

This page really needs to be changed. This ranks up there with finding a store having Taluva at the normal price, ordering it, getting a confirmation e-mail, and then being told they actually didn't have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Harrison
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com
matthean wrote:
Saw this game get mentioned and the good things about it. Somebody posted a link to the site. I saw you can preorder it. I hear of limited print runs and there being around 300 copies around. I quickly preorder only to be told they are already sold out and it looks like the info was for last year. Oh, and it was the last printing of the game. (repeated head desk)

http://www.gamesonthebrain.com/americanrails/

This page really needs to be changed. This ranks up there with finding a store having Taluva at the normal price, ordering it, getting a confirmation e-mail, and then being told they actually didn't have it.

This page has been removed from the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.