GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,525 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Computer Based Board Gaming

Subject: Boardgames for Amazon Kindle Fire? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Amazon App store is pretty light on board games. Unless you're looking for EA's adaptations of Monopoly and The Game of Life, your best option is to root the device and install the Android Market app for access to a much bigger selection of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G

Mentor
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much there yet.. with nothing but "Maybe some day".. and "Soon" comments whenever I read/listen to discussions of iPhone board games' moving to the Android.

My only concern with the Fire, is the limited marketplace (unless you root it). At least with an open android tablet, there's a chance for some first version / prototypes / rough implementations. In order to make it into to the Amazon Marketplace, it will probably need to be full fledged game.. with marketing and higher price tag. (so.. no chance to play a college student's version of Puerto Rico, designed/coded as an assignment).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Honolulu
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now there are several Go, Reversi, and Chess aps. There is Monopoly and Scrabble. There are many card game apps like poker. That is about it. I look forward to the day I can play Puerto Rico or 7 Wonders on my Fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G

Mentor
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jam353 wrote:
While not games from the Marketplace. Yucata and Boardgaming-Online (for Through the Ages) both work well on the Fire.

Good point!

How is the screen layout? Full screen nicely?
and any pop-up dialogs show correctly as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.