United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grouik wrote:
Hello,

Where does this effect come into play? blush

Many thanks!

I haven't seen anyone or anything yet with the Cross X or Lance X ability (not sure if I missed it in the loot or anything tho).

It sounds like they are just setting it up in the rulebook for future expansions of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Brimstone Dragon has lance 5.
That is why I am worried about Cross. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's quite a bit in the rules that I think are setting up for expansions. Squeeze, Cross X, Lance X, and several of the status effects come to mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karadek wrote:
There's quite a bit in the rules that I think are setting up for expansions. Squeeze, Cross X, Lance X, and several of the status effects come to mind.
All large base monsters have squeezing. One monster has lance.
None has cross.
What status effect are you thinking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
grouik wrote:
Karadek wrote:
All large base monsters have squeezing. One monster has lance.
None has cross.
What status effect are you thinking about?

The "Brimstone Dragon" doesn't exist in the box set release, and is currently not mentioned officially in any capacity to the public. I don't know if it is part of testing or something else, but it doesn't currently exist for the regular game.

What page in the rulebook does it mention that "All large base monsters have squeezing" because I don't recall reading that. I've heard the term squeezing mentioned, but no definition of what it actually means, or saying if anybody has the ability.

Right now, from everything I've seen, most of these abilities in question are strictly setting up for expansions (or home-brew). I think its very cool personally. Cross and Lance look like they are right out of Final Fantasy Tactics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Brimstone Dragon is a Drake Miniboss.Watch out I have the French version of the game... blush

And for squeezing :
Large based models treat narrow one-square-wide hallways
as difficult terrain until their full base is through the
narrow area. This is called squeezing. Squeezing models
cannot end their movement with any part of their base in a
square that has a wall. Large models that normally ignore
difficult terrain do not ignore it for purposes of squeezing.

So for me all large based model have squeezing no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grouik wrote:
The Brimstone Dragon is a Drake Miniboss.Watch out I have the French version of the game... blush

The American version that I own doesn't have any models who have Lance or Cross unfortunately, so I've haven't had a chance to see the Brimstone Dragon. Regardless, there are a bunch of other rules that are in the book that don't appear in the game still, so if you don't have any other alternate monsters we don't have, then I would say Cross is one of those abilities.

grouik wrote:

And for squeezing :
Large based models treat narrow one-square-wide hallways
as difficult terrain until their full base is through the
narrow area. This is called squeezing. Squeezing models
cannot end their movement with any part of their base in a
square that has a wall. Large models that normally ignore
difficult terrain do not ignore it for purposes of squeezing.

So for me all large based model have squeezing no?

Squeeze isn't defined in the American copy (and if what you are saying is true, then im thinking it was cut out later in the editing process in the Anerican versions only), but is mentioned once with no explanation. If your copy of the game does have squeeze and that is the wording, then yes all large models have squeeze. It makes sense tho, as one of the questions I had asked Soda Pop Miniatures was about large model movement including tiny spaces like this, so I may have to use this rule as a house rule until they release a FAQ.

If people do have alternate cards and monster models, id love to see pics as I've never heard of them and they sound kind of kewl. Maybe post up a model list for us to compare so we can see what we are missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
grouik wrote:

What model is it supposed to use? I would imagine it is one of the existing models that come in all versions of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay my mistake... blush
I have a non finalized version of the game... modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwreschnig wrote:
grouik wrote:
Okay my mistake... blush
I have a non finalized version of the game... modest

Your non-finalized version seems to be more finalized than the released version...
Not really, some things were changed after... surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.