Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicole Yuhase
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first time posting a question! I'll try to stay brief (I tend to get long winded), but I just want to make sure you understand what I'm asking.

We played our first game of this yesterday using the 1st Edition rules. I think we did the time track wrong, but I don't seem able to find clarification on a forum yet. So, hopefully someone can confirm.

In the Rulebook v0.1 posted by endou_kenji, it reads, "A player may never end his turn with his Worker on the same stone as another player’s Worker." So does this only apply with him ending the full TURN on the same stone? Can you share a space with another marker when you complete an action as long as you will be performing another action before the end of your turn so that you end on an open stone?

An example to clarify my question: Let's say that my marker is now one time stone directly behind the next player, but then there are 4 open spaces before we get to the Marker. I just need to get a food from an open Hunting Lodge, which should be 1 time space. After I put my marker on the Hunting Lodge, where does my time marker go? Can it be placed one space ahead (onto the same time stone as the other player) since there are still open time stones allowing me to take additional actions so that I don't end on the same stone as the other player? Or do I have to in effect spend 2 time to aquire this food so that I am not ever on the on the same time stone?

Basically, we thought your time marker could never be on the same space as another players time marker, making it harder to plan your turn sequence because you always wanted to save actions that cost 2 time for when you came up on another players' marker on the time track so you didn't "waste" an action jumping over them. But when re-checking the rules, I'm thinking we were playing incorrectly and you can have your time marker on the same stone as another players' time marker DURING your turn, he just can't END on the same space (making it so there can never be a tie for whose turn it is).

So, which way is correct? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyuhase wrote:
...you can have your time marker on the same stone as another players' time marker DURING your turn, he just can't END on the same space

This is correct. As the rules say, it only matters at the end of your turn.

In addition, if you are setting up a "double turn" by intentionally ending early, you can't have the marker share a time track space when your first turn ends (or your second, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.