Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chad dugas
United States
nevada city
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What think you on this oh Dominion faithful? My Roommate and I were playing a game with Horn Of Plenty and Island in the mix. I had both of those cards and at one point I played the Island and then during the buy phase I played the Horn of Plenty. So here's my question, Does the Island count towards my Horn Of Plenty gain? The confusion is that the Island tells you to 'Set it aside" once you play it, so is it still in the play area when you are tallying the HoP's value? In the end we voted no.

tanx!
_ChadFool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddugas wrote:
What think you on this oh Dominion faithful? My Roommate and I were playing a game with Horn Of Plenty and Island in the mix. I had both of those cards and at one point I played the Island and then during the buy phase I played the Horn of Plenty. So here's my question, Does the Island count towards my Horn Of Plenty gain? The confusion is that the Island tells you to 'Set it aside" once you play it, so is it still in the play area when you are tallying the HoP's value? In the end we voted no.

tanx!
_ChadFool

Short answer is no, it doesn't count towards the horn. Neither does Feast (in the rule book FAQ) or embargo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Oh, America, what have you done.
mbmbmb
Sadly, no. Island does not count toward your HoPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chad dugas
United States
nevada city
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank You all! Dooeee Figures I asked a question that was answered in the FAQ.

-ChadFool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
frog213 wrote:
chaddugas wrote:

tanx!
_ChadFool

Short answer is no, it doesn't count towards the horn. Neither does Feast (in the rule book FAQ) or embargo.

It works the same with Peddler too. Island, Feast, and Embargo cannot reduce the cost of Peddler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer is in the Seaside Rules:

"In play" -- Action cards and Treasure cards played face-up in a
player’s play area are in play until they are moved somewhere
else - usually until they are discarded during a Clean-up phase.
Only played cards are in play; set aside cards, trashed cards,
cards in the supply, and cards in hands, decks, and discard piles
are not in play. Reaction abilities like Moat's do not put those
cards into play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.