GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,017 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Ben Friedberg
United States
claypool
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this look like a thematic Logistico to anyone else? I guess I'm thinking in terms of the 1-2 delivery of goods to transport systems that are designed for different types of delivery...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benfriedberg1981 wrote:
Does this look like a thematic Logistico to anyone else? I guess I'm thinking in terms of the 1-2 delivery of goods to transport systems that are designed for different types of delivery...

I definitely see what you're saying there. I liked the idea of Logistico, and yearned to try it for years. When I finally did, I was disappointed by the execution, there were turn order problems, and the whole thing didn't feel very fair to me.

Kings of Air and Steam does feel a little like Logistico in that you have the 2-step movement of goods, but I feel like it does not have that same feeling of unfairness.

So yeah, I see some similarities to Logistico in there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
claypool
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that it would be fair to say that there are some mechanical similarities, but the rest of the GAME is entirely different. Logistico is WILDLY chaotic (and probably unfair) at 4 players, but it's a very fun head to head battle. How does KoAaS stack up as a 2p game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
benfriedberg1981 wrote:
How does KoAaS stack up as a 2p game?

It works very, very well as a 2 player game. At 2 players, you can knock a game out in about 45 minutes or so. I also agree, Logistico works better as a 2p then a 4p. Although, I think 3p works the best actually.

But, yeah, there are some similarities between Logistico and KoA&S, such as using different vehicles to make deliveries. I believe KoA&S is certainly different enough (and I think most will agree) and one thing I'd also like to put out is that KoA&S is easier to introduce to new players. I've found Logistico to be very, very unforgiving to first timers, so much so they normally don't want to play again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can vouch for the playability as 2 player. I have logged about 10 2p games with my home-brewed copy and will jump at any chance to teach others or play the games at all. The most I have played is one 3p game so far.

-Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2P works well eh? I'm leaning closer and closer to jumping across the fence...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Walker
United Kingdom
Liphook
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also getting a slight Roads and Boats vibe after watching the video review the other day - I think this is down to the fact that no-one owns the factories so there looks to be an interesting dynamic on choosing cards to get the early moves and pick up resources.

Of course this is pure speculation until we get to play the game next summer - patience may be a virtue but that doesn't mean I'm very good at it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping my gamer friends who like Container so much will like this one.

Container is not one of my favorite games, but I play it when it comes out. KoAaS seems like it's more fun in several ways.

So, now I have to wait until July? *mutters*

I just noticed the designer is from Tucson. That's my hometown, and I visit regularly, especially in the winter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wylann wrote:
I'm hoping my gamer friends who like Container so much will like this one.

Container is not one of my favorite games, but I play it when it comes out. KoAaS seems like it's more fun in several ways.

So, now I have to wait until July? *mutters*

I just noticed the designer is from Tucson. That's my hometown, and I visit regularly, especially in the winter.

Actually, thedesigner is not from Tucson, the publisher and the developer are

When is your next visit? You could play a game with the prototype copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.