Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Jensen
United States
Perry
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... I got this game and I am uber-psyched. However, tonight I am playing it for the first time as I teach my wife how to play. Recipe for divorce? I hope not.....

I've read the rules and the excellent re-write found on this site. I do have a question on tools just to solidify it in my mind. Here it is.

To employ a worker, the worker must be trained (cost of 2 generally). Then the Development card must have a slot with a tool in place. Here's the question --- Is the cost for EACH tool what is posted in the upper right hand corner? --- If so, for each tool disk you want for basic hunting you pay 2. For each tool disk you want for Clothmaking you pay 11.

If this is right I think I have it down. Let me know if it isn't because I figure my wife will go cross-eyed and her head will start spinning around in a clockwise direction if I don't get this part of the game right.

Thanks in advance. Once all goes well with the wife (crossing my fingers) we will be introducing the game to some friends tomorrow. No pressure. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
England
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Azorius Senate
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right, tools for clothmaking are more expensive since what you get is a lot better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, what the tool disk represents is that you have already paid the cost of having a worker in that job -- you just don't yet (or any longer) have an actual worker pawn on the card. So yes, the cost of the disk is equal to the cost of employing a worker pawn on that job card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jensen
United States
Perry
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I figured so but want to make the first go at it with my wife as smooth as possible. Appreciate your assistance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.