Popular Tags: [View All]
Guilherme Esteves
Portugal
Lisboa
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmb
Claiming routes rules states:

"The player then immediately records it score by moving his scoring marker the appropriate number of spaces along the scoring track, per the route scoring table on page 7."

Appropriate number refering to what? Train cards played, spaces/trains placed???

Then, when i read page 5 of the tunnels rules it states:
"What makes a tunnel special is that a player is never quite certain just how long the route he is trying to claim will be!"

If i read it well (and it doesn't states in the rules how the route length score is made) that means i should score the route by the number of train cards i played?

Example:
If a tunnel is 3 long and i pay 3 blues. Then draw 3 blues and pay 3 more blues from my hand. So i score a 6 route length 15 points!!!

Thank you in advance
Guilherme Esteves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just score the number of spaces on the board. For a 3 length tunnel u score 4 points, no matter how many cards you had to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilherme Esteves
Portugal
Lisboa
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thats what i thought. This kinda "trying to be funny" rule had to mess my brain all up:

"What makes a tunnel special is that a player is never quite certain just how long the route he is trying to claim will be!"

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Smith
Australia
Melbourne
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of it this way, at any time you should be able to recalculate a player's score by looking at what train cars they have on the board. This is handy when you forget to move a scoring token.

If the score was based on the cards you could not do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilherme Esteves
Portugal
Lisboa
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmb
your right its says you are able to recalculate at the end
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Brousseau
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll also add that if tunnel route scoring was intended to be based on the number of cards actually played, you would need a route scoring scheme that tackles every possibility from 1-11, not just the 1-4 + 6 + 8 that currently exists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rtugui wrote:
Thats what i thought. This kinda "trying to be funny" rule had to mess my brain all up:

Thank you

This rule just simply states that it is possible to pay more cards for the tunnel, than it is worth.

But speaking about "trying to be funny" rules that confuses the reader totally, you should check Tichu rules. I had to read them three or four times before starting the first play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Walker
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I'm just about to approach the game for the first time and that stuff about 'not knowing how long the tunnel is going to be', really threw me, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.