Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
US domestic shipping is free on Friday. Seems like the prices of board games has jumped a bit since the last time I ordered from them. Boardgames are only 8% off retail price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Omnigamer and Devourer of Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that they may have raised them for tomorrow. They are normally a lot less than where they currently are. Even their clearance games aren't currently marked down. Not sure who this promotion is aimed at...

Edit: Thought about this for a sec. Might be a good option for sending a gift to your secret Santa recipient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ishai BD
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any specific instructions or coupon code required for this? Is there any link to this deal on T&D?

Thanks,
Ishai

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Omnigamer and Devourer of Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ishaibd wrote:
Any specific instructions or coupon code required for this? Is there any link to this deal on T&D?

Thanks,
Ishai

No coupon code. Email states:
"Offer good on domestic orders with standard shipping."

Note: This is offer is only available on the 9th (midnight - 11:59pm).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a friend that used to be a car salesman. Whenever his dealership would run one of those "Push it in! Drag it in! Tow it in! Your used car is worth at least $2000 towards the purchase of a new car!" promotions, the night before they would go out on the lot and raise the prices on every single vehicle by $2000 or more.

This reminds me of that.

T&T does have excellent customer service though, and you can occasionally find a hell of a deal with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Clensy
United States
Glenbrook
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would encourage those who have a specific game(s) in mind, whether in or out of print, to check out T&T' s prices.

Their pricing system is strange and many games are higher than other OLGS, but one does find a good price now and then.

For instance, Snow Tails with a damaged box is currecntly $26.59. Just two weeks ago Time Agent was selling for $33 in shrink (this is long OOP and usually more than this for a punched copy).

I rarely ever use T&T but this deal has potential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ishai BD
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've given up. Several games that I was interested in and were selling for significantly lower at T&T are now way too expensive. Finding a needle in a huge haystack of overpriced items is not my thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
ralpher wrote:
US domestic shipping is free on Friday. Seems like the prices of board games has jumped a bit since the last time I ordered from them. Boardgames are only 8% off retail price.
Yeah, normally I will put in a good word for the fine folks at T&T, but if the prices I'm seeing right now hold, then they are definitely cranking back up prices on a helluva lot of stuff in order to trumpet this Free Shipping Friday thing. Might want to skip this one, come back later.

Not to mention a lot of their stuff is still out-of-stock from that monster Black Friday sale they had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Found a couple of things that were low but I could not see how free shipping worked. Right at the end of check-out it was still applying shipping so I did not order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Carnagey
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was an easy (ahem) sale... to pass up at these prices. My wallet thanks the pricing gremlins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Emen
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wwscrispin wrote:
Found a couple of things that were low but I could not see how free shipping worked. Right at the end of check-out it was still applying shipping so I did not order.

Yeah, not working for me either... Very frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah not working for me either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wwscrispin wrote:

what did u find that was priced low? even dominion is $41.35 which is ridiculous overpriced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Simpson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I haven't seen a single game within a few bucks of Amazon yet, so who cares about their free shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
I was trying to pick up a couple of minis (I figured spending ten bucks on some minis with no shipping sounded like an awesome deal)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cathy Griffin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They've got the free shipping thingy fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. They set the UPS Ground option to $0.00. Worked for me. Thanks for the heads up on Snow Tails. I've been thinking about that one for a while. Here's hoping the box isn't in too bad of shape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FYI Snow Tails is $22 in Toys For Thought's bargain bin:

http://toysforthought.com/store/product/18292/SNOW-TAILS/

along with a bunch of other great games. Free shipping at $150, but even paying the $10ish for shipping you can end up with a great deal with a TFT order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
wwscrispin wrote:

what did u find that was priced low? even dominion is $41.35 which is ridiculous overpriced.

I picked up Granada for $21....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
via Troll & Toad Facebook page wrote:

Troll and Toad
Hello everyone,

We have been experiencing an issue with our free shipping promotion only allowing some individuals to complete checkout with the promotion active. We believe that the issue is now corrected, and all users should be able to utilize the promotion. If you placed an order during the promotion period, and were unable to take advantage of the promotion, please fill out our contact form with your order information, located here: http://www.trollandtoad.com/contact.php

We appreciate your patience during the resolution of error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With a quick look through, just at things I've browsed recently, is that some prices are up nearer MSRP, and some aren't. I don't think I have to go very far out on a limb to say that they're probably hoping to clear out some excess stock and have kept those things low to encourage sales of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Emen
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
wwscrispin wrote:

Picked up a used copy of the first printing of Here I Stand for $26.24. I like that price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Blankenship
United States
Owens Cross Roads
AL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
That's a moray!
mbmbmbmbmb
jayemen wrote:

Picked up a used copy of the first printing of Here I Stand for $26.24. I like that price.

Good luck with that. I think I tried to buy that one last year.

May of their prices are high but they are pretty good for CCG and mini singles. They usually have a lot of preconstructed Magic decks for good prices. I just ordered Hogwarts: House Cup Challenge for $18.99 which was about $7 lower than CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smelvin

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age for $22.95 shipped seems like a good deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well since there is never free shipping to Canada (despite costs being very close to shipping within USA) I can pass this sale up quite easily.

And people wonder why I think online shopping is more expensive than retail...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.