Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello guys,

I was thinking about how to add those ally cards into game, so i got an idea: Mercenaries! using the gold mechanics you now can get some help in yours adventures! if you have the money of coursebag

Drizzt-> 800 gold
Regis-> 600 gold
Bruenor-> 1000 gold
Wulfgar-> 1200 gold
catti-brie -> 600 gold

just to give an example of prices!!

*Special optional aditional rules:
You can share your surge with your mercenarie or leave it to his fate.
Mercenaries can use itens "Borrowed" from you.
Mercenaries start the game with one item.
you can "keep" your mercenarie for another adventure if you pay him aditional 50% gold, but only if it survives...soblue

*Special optional aditional Evil ruledevil:
If your mercenarie dies, you can get your gold back and/or his item!
In PvP mode, heros can attack each other and others mercenaries. the rule above could be apllied at enemies mercenaries and heroes!
You can "turn" emeny mercenaries to your side by paying double gold and/or giving some rare itens to them!

HaHa a lot's of fun, PvP is more like a gladiator arena with random monsters and heroes trying to survive. Every round or turn, you add a new monster but draw no encounters. Only one will leave...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like a great idea. When we play we use the treasure tokens instead of getting a treasure card every kill and usually only play 2-3 adventures max so the gold can be worthless.

Between adventures you can buy one of 3 random treasure cards from the "merchant" but that usually leaves a bunch of gold left over.

Now all we need to do, is discuss values for each mercenary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good ideas, topera! thumbsup

Wuyley wrote:
This sounds like a great idea. When we play we use the treasure tokens instead of getting a treasure card every kill and usually only play 2-3 adventures max so the gold can be worthless.

Between adventures you can buy one of 3 random treasure cards from the "merchant" but that usually leaves a bunch of gold left over.

We play the same way too.

Wuyley wrote:
Now all we need to do, is discuss values for each mercenary

I'd have to say that looking at the proposed prices those mercs look super cheap. I'd never buy items again! Since the best items cost 2,000 gold, I'd suggest all mercs cost at least higher than that. Maybe 1,000 per hit point or similar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a reason for my prices are cheap. I don't have WoA, so i use a houserule:

When you kill a monster you put your item card and roll a dice for gold like this:

1xp monster: 1d4x10 gold coins
2/3xp monster: 1d6x10 gold coins
4xp monster: 1d8x10 gold coins
vilains: 1d10x10 gold coins
Large Vilans: 1d12x10 gold coins

This works pretty nice and make the people think before buy anything

Edited: my conection was bad and i had to edit this to add the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patesi LIMAC
Brazil
Recife
Pernambuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cara, muito bacana a idéia!

Quando tiver tempo irei experimentar e reporto!

Um abraço
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.