GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,178 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Must Have Games from Designers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I was just thinking which are some of the must have games from popular designers. I'm a Euro fan and hence listing out some that I own/aspire to own in the future.

Andreas Seyfarth- Puerto Rico, Thurn and Taxis

Uwe Rosenberg- Agricola, Bohnanza, Le Havre (Thinking about this, but still haven't managed to convince the group to own this)

Vlaada Chvatil- Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization, Dungeon Petz (Planning to get this), Mage Knight Board Game (Planning to get this too)

Friedemann Friese- Power Grid, Fearsome Floors

Martin Wallace- Brass: Lancashire, Steam, A Few Acres of Snow (Definitely want to get this), First Train to Nuremberg (Personally must have for me)

William Attia- Caylus

Wolfgang Kramer- El Grande, The Princes of Florence, Tikal

Reiner Knizia- Ra, Lost Cities, Tigris & Euphrates, Samurai, Modern Art, Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation, Battle Line

Rüdiger Dorn- Genoa, Jambo, Louis XIV, Goa (Want to own this one for sure)

Xavier Georges- Troyes, Carson City

Chris Boelinger- Earth Reborn, Dungeon Twister

Mac Gerdts- Imperial, Navegador (Definitely eying this)

Carl Chudyk- Glory to Rome, Innovation

Stefan Feld- Notre Dame, Macao, Trajan (Definitely buying this), Luna (Want this at a saner cost), The Castles of Burgundy (Want to get this as well)

So above are some of the designers I like and the games that I own and want to own from them. Mostly a Euro flavor.

What are the other games that you think from these designers that are a must have and who are some other designers that you suggest I should look at if I like the above games. You can see my collection and I do have games from other designers, but these are some preferred ones.

Thanks,
Madhu
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
benji
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No love for Colovini/Lang/Cathala/Bauza/Maublanc/Wallace/Casasola Merkle ...
(I'm just teasing you)

EDIT: I missed you have Wallace on your list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
I do not think any game is a "must have". There are good games, there are games that have a very wide appeal but, in the end, the only game you should have is the game you wanted to buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you forgot through teh desert in your knizia LIST
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoyle A
United States
fiskdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Vlaada Chvatil - Sneaks & Snitches (great filler with fun "iocaine powder" mechanism) Space Alert (zany co-op that plays each scenario in 15 minutes) Galaxy Trucker (more insanity -- fast puzzle like game with silly results and lots of laughs)

Reiner Knizia - Medici (excellent auction game, which I prefer greatly over ra)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hinsdale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan Feld -In the Year of the Dragon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.