GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,240 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Sake & Samurai» Forums » Rules

Subject: 4 cards handlimit for spirits seems harsh rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

I have a question? yesterday we played a game of sake and it was great fun but due to the fact that there was only one spirit, the spirit could never attack another samurai because he would need to play one card with the same colored background as the top card on the draw pile for one attack point. which means in the rare situation that the spirit has 4 cards with the same colored background as the top one he can make one attack with a strength of 4 and is then completely defenseless. whereas the samurai only needs to play one card and has the additional bonus from his weapons.

so I wonder how this would turn out if there is no limit on the spirits handlimit.

any comments / experiences?

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
its quite balance because you need only 1 card to avoid all dmg as spirit compare to the samurai(with the exeption to play 1 bodyguard from his hand) and all spirits do great combo to attack samurais.
If you are alone as spirit try to take sake or mess with them in order to die someone else and be together in the afterlife so you can be more powerfull.
Also even if you have 1 card to steal sake even if it fail the samurai must play 1 card to avoid the stealing so he will be 1 card less and other samurais can take the advantage of this situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok. I see the point. so the goal of the spirit is to mess with the samurais and then team up on the survivors. sounds great.

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.