Popular Tags: [View All]
Conor Sipe
United States
Troy
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Over at the D-Day Dice Kickstarter page user Mike Mills (not sure if he is on BGG?) posted daily stats following the number of pledges and backers. I plotted the data and thought it was pretty interesting. Support skyrocketed in the final two days! I thought others might like to see the progression of support, so here is the graph. Again, all credit for this goes to Mike for gathering the data!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy..."
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
Aside from the bump at the end, it really looks like support was steadily increasing from beginning to end. There's no real spikes. Interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Sipe
United States
Troy
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another interesting thing to note in the final two days is that the number of supporters begins to outstrip the growth of pledges. This probably indicates that a majority of people who hopped on at the end of the project pledged at the lower levels of support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tckoppang wrote:
Aside from the bump at the end, it really looks like support was steadily increasing from beginning to end. There's no real spikes. Interesting.

Though look at the number of days (horizontal axis) it took to get each 40k (vertical axis).

1st 40k - 4 days
2nd 40k - 22 days
3rd 40k - 14 days
4th 40k - 3 days

So it looks as if the middle period (especially the second period) is the most 'dangerous'.

Kickstarter projects could potentially lose steam, fall off the hotness/front page of BGG, and just fade into obscurity for the second half of the kickstart duration.

What was really clever about this project was that the stretch rewards helped sustain interest across the second period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
Talorien wrote:

Though look at the number of days (horizontal axis) it took to get each 40k (vertical axis).

1st 40k - 4 days
2nd 40k - 22 days
3rd 40k - 14 days
4th 40k - 3 days

It is my understanding that most KS campaigns attain the majority of their pledges at the onset and at the end which seems to be proved out by this campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I'm one of those who joined during the last two days. I did that because I used the "remind me" button, which emails you two days before the kickstarter is scheduled to end.

As has been proven time and time again, the plural of "anecdote" is "data", so this proves that thanks the remind me button, all kickstarter projects receive a bump in the last two days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
cwsipe wrote:
Another interesting thing to note in the final two days is that the number of supporters begins to outstrip the growth of pledges. This probably indicates that a majority of people who hopped on at the end of the project pledged at the lower levels of support.

It should be noted that L4L amounts were limited at the end, so it's not as if pledgers had much of a choice and even the range of choice wasn't that big ($35-75). The only remaining triple-digit pledges were effectively group-buys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the official graph, for those who might be interested. The slight spike in the middle (Nov. 15th) is when we made more L4L available:

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.