Popular Tags: [View All]
William Snider
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I will be visiting Manhattan Island and I would love to happen to walk by a great game shop where I would say "Hey honey, lookit. A boardgame store. This has to be one of the best since it's in NY city. Let's have a looksy"
In other words. Where are the greatest game shops in Manhattan? We'll be staying near Time's Square and visiting the 911 Memorial,concert at MSG, and concert at the Beacon Theater. Any good stores near these places would be good. I am hoping that Manhattan will have some awesome gaming stores. Thanks, Billy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't much. . .definitely hit the Compleat Strategist on 33rd St. for historical interest, if nothing else. You won't find many deals there, but it's something of an institution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ Kuul A wrote:
There isn't much. . .definitely hit the Compleat Strategist on 33rd St. for historical interest, if nothing else. You won't find many deals there, but it's something of an institution.

Yeah, the Compleat Strategist is really all that's left. It's near Koreatown and the original Macy's store so you could probably wrangle an excuse to be in that area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
celiborn wrote:
DJ Kuul A wrote:

Yeah, the Compleat Strategist is really all that's left. It's near Koreatown and the original Macy's store so you could probably wrangle an excuse to be in that area.

It's on 33rd Street, East of Fifth Avenue. Practically across the street from the Empire State Building. And, for whatever it's worth, the 50% off rack has been pretty good lately, including such games as Isla Dorada, Peloponnes (sp) and others. It's worth the pop-in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Snider
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'll put the Empire State Bldg on our tour now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stopped by there on our trip to NYC this summer. Selection is pretty impressive and there were some good prices if you were willing to look. They still use the old mechanical Credit Card swipe thing, which was pretty funny. I didn't get much but picked up a copy of Julius Caesar to support the store. I probably would have bought more, but GenCon was only two weeks away so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Jung
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have been going to the "STRAT" since 1978 and I have purchased the majority of my war games there. I think it is the only war game store in NYC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Snider
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised to hear there are not many game stores in Manhattan. I will try to stop by the Strat though. Thanks for everyone's input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.