GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,385 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

MiYu Magic Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: How to get the magic cards to work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has some magic cards. They have a black foil printed on them that becomes transparent when you heat them up. So you can see the secret symbol.

The rulebook says to rub them. But this doesn't work, unless you like rubbing the flesh off your thumbs. This is no fun and stops the game to a screeching halt while you rub the card for five minutes.

Better, place a candle on the table. This game has an "occult" theme already, and the candle enhances that. Hold the card above the candle (foil side down), and voila: in half a second the picture is visible!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Griese
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in my experience the "heat" of holding the card in your palm is enough to reveal the "secret" of the card after a few seconds. I admit it is barely readable, but it is clear enough to know what the card says.

The candle idea is a nice thematic touch though thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, my girlfriend came up with this also. Sadly, my hands are too cold to heat them up. Alternatively, I can place them on my stomach to reveal the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even better place them on your girlfriends stomach.laugh

thanks for the advise.
I recently bought the whoel miyu set.
well it was very cheap and seemed like it'd make an amusing Christmas gift.

just a bit of sillyness.
so I'm suprised to hear there actually is a real game to be played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.