Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Stainsby
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The special card explanations on page 6 of the rules seems to be missing the Laura Secord card. My question is this: Does it function like the Hometown Support card or the Napoleon Defeated card? The former allows placement of fled units, the later does not. (1)In other words, the two Canadian units I add to a British home land, may they come from the fled unit space?

That leads me to another question. (2) Is an occupied muster area the only situation in which I would be placing a fled unit according to the Hometown Support Card? (3) Or if unspecified, can special cards be applied after resolving battles?

My next question is in regard to the Six Nation muster area. The rules state that the additional native american unit can be placed even if the muster area is occupied. (4) The original single muster unit that is placed in Six Nation, can he also be placed if Six Nation is occupied?

Lastly, (5) is the river between Lacolle and Montreal considered a large body of water for water movement purposes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeph Stahl
Canada
Grimsby
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.thebrickbrewery.com
badge
www.thebrickbrewery.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ryan,

1.The units come form your Unit Force Pool for the Laura Secord card. If there are not enough units, you can pull them from the Fled Units Space.
The Napoleon Defeated card would be the same, but red units never go in the Fled Units space.

2.All special cards that place units come from the pool, unless there is not enough, then they may come from the fled unit space. You are correct. If it was the Canadian Militia's turn they would have placed all fled units unless their muster area was occupied.

3.All special cards are played with your movement card. They may be applied before or after movement, but not after battles are finished.

4.The first Native enlistment can only be place in Six Nations if it is not enemy occupied. The additional unit can be place in any space that already has a native american unit, even if the first unit could not be placed.

5.Yes, that is considered a large body of water for movement purposes.

Jeph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stainsby
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeph,

Thanks for the quick reply. I look forward to getting this game to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to confirm , specials like Training and Mackinac, which place blocks and say "may be moved this turn," I think this means AVAILABLE to be moved with whatever movement card is played this turn, and not some sort of special "free" move in addition, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
None of the special cards let you move, they only modify a movement card.

"May be moved this turn" means whatever you've used the special card to do--in these cases to convert units to Brits or add additional units--you can still now use the movement card played to move that army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say special cards can only be used by the active player but some of them feel like defender cards. Orthe bring troops in specials--can the add troops to the defender?

There is a blue card for moving afer a successful battle but you say cards must be played before the battle???

Please spend sometime considering how you want specials to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeph Stahl
Canada
Grimsby
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.thebrickbrewery.com
badge
www.thebrickbrewery.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Special cards can only be played by the active player. The active player plays the special card along with the movement card or possibly before the movement card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that's certainly easier to follow.

Some players struggled with card phrasing, like "ambush" certainly "sounds" like a card that would be played in defense, not the attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
Hihihi... Stop that, I'm ticklish !
mbmbmbmbmb
sduke wrote:
"May be moved this turn" means whatever you've used the special card to do--in these cases to convert units to Brits or add additional units--you can still now use the movement card played to move that army.

Hello,

Is this true with any special card ? Whatever the special card played, a unit which was brought into play by this card can still be moved with the movement card played on the same turn ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duncan wrote:
sduke wrote:

Hello,

Is this true with any special card ? Whatever the special card played, a unit which was brought into play by this card can still be moved with the movement card played on the same turn ?

Yes. Assuming the card lets you get the new unit before you do movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
Hihihi... Stop that, I'm ticklish !
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, of course

All right, tank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.