Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a player allow another player to draw from their hand during the Action Phase or is this move only allowed in the Diplomacy Phase? We had this issue come up in a game that I am playing online right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Only in the Diplomacy phase unless specified by the event text of a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't do the stuff you would do in the Diplomacy phase during the action phase. This goes for making peace, making alliance, transferring mercenaries and lending fleets as well as card draw.

There are a few cards that break the rules- e.g Diplomatic Overture allows you to give a player a card (of your choice) during the action phase...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Metcalf
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, you cannot table-talk a deal that gives an immediate random card draw for some certain game action or play of a response card during the action phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
eaglevet wrote:
So, you cannot table-talk a deal that gives an immediate random card draw for some certain game action or play of a response card during the action phase?
No, but you can suggest that you could look upon a certain card play favorably in the next diplomatic round...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone for clarifying this issue. I figured as much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
eaglevet wrote:

You can't allow your opponent to actually draw the card during the action phase. The two of you would have to announce a deal that was confirmed by the other during the diplomacy phase of a subsequent turn.

BUT, BUT, BUT - you can table-talk that deal during the action round. The thing is, there's nothing binding the two of you to that deal. So if your opponent takes the action or plays the card during the action phase because you promised him a card draw during the next diplomacy phase, you would not be bound to give him a card draw at the next diplomacy phase . . . there was no binding deal.

But AFAIK, as long as you are speaking openly and everyone can hear what you're saying, you are free to make that offer during the gaming rounds. It's just a non-binding offer. Your opponent has to take you at your word. Game-state changing deals done in the diplomacy rounds are binding.

But really, that issue hasn't come up in any of my six or seven games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eaglevet wrote:

This is two issues here. You CAN table talk any deal that you want, but it cannot be implemented until diplomacy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, yes and no.
My current game, turn 2 and a complicated situation develops during the Action Phase needing a peace settlement between England, France and the Hapsburgs. The Pope offers England a card draw for an immediate ceasefire with the Hapsburgs.

I as France counter with the Hapsburgs giving England Antwerp and the Pope giving the Hapsburgs a card draw. The Pope says fine and he'll offer England a card draw too!

All four players agree- conditions to be implemented later. Then the Pope plays Cloth Prices Fluctuate and announces he's satisified his promise to both England and the Hapsburgs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.