Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

When i choose to ship goods, i give the goods from my storehouse, back to their piles, and take the according ships or ships for my VPs, that i fullfill their needs.

But when i choose the income option, do i also give the goods that are needed from a ship and take the written income?????
can i also do it in multiple ships, for multiple incomes , like with the multiple shipment?

thanks!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EITHER ship goods OR take income.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

shiping means i give the needed goods to the ship(s), and take the ship
and take income means, i just grab those money that are written from the bank, without doing anything else.

thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gibbs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manolios wrote:
Thanks.

shiping means i give the needed goods to the ship(s), and take the ship
and take income means, i just grab those money that are written from the bank, without doing anything else.

thanks!!

No.

Shipping means you give the needed to ONE ship. From the English rules, "If you have all the goods shown on a ship card in the harbor in your warehouse, you may transfer them to the ship. ..."

"a ship" is singular. You may only ship goods to one ship.

Your separation of ship OR take money (but not both, and one doesn't drive the other) is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dagibbs wrote:
Shipping means you give the needed to ONE ship. From the English rules, "If you have all the goods shown on a ship card in the harbor in your warehouse, you may transfer them to the ship. ..."

Not according to the rules in my copy of the game - on page 5, under Shipment there is a note:

Important: If you have all the goods necessary for more than one ship, you may load and claim several ships with a single "Shipment" action.

This leads to key tactical decisions about holding on building your warehouse before shipping to 2+ ships, or grabbing the shipment as soon as you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gibbs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CraigRJ wrote:
dagibbs wrote:

Not according to the rules in my copy of the game - on page 5, under Shipment there is a note:

Important: If you have all the goods necessary for more than one ship, you may load and claim several ships with a single "Shipment" action.

This leads to key tactical decisions about holding on building your warehouse before shipping to 2+ ships, or grabbing the shipment as soon as you can.

Yup. Thanks for the correction. I also found this rule later on. Wish the original paragraph that I quoted wasn't quite so misleading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.