Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm being dense, but why does it matter whether you add the drawn cards to the left or the right?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Christine Biancheria wrote:
I think I'm being dense, but why does it matter whether you add the drawn cards to the left or the right?

Thanks

On the left side you place a number of free cards matching the number on the hazard card. On the right side you place all the extra cards (paid with life points or drawn thanks to "+X cards" actions.

As a few actions let you remove cards again (e.g. "1 card below the draw pile"), if you use that action for a card on the left side, you are allowed to draw a new free card. If you use such an action on the right side, the card is just removed.

Best regards,

Henning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting - thanks for that explanation. I wondered why left and right was so often emphasized in the rules. Now you've got me wondering though:

If I am playing cards on the right (paying one life for each card) and a card with the special ability "+2 cards" appears on the right side, do I add those cards on the left or the right? If I add them on the left, and then later an "under the deck card comes up, can I still replace it with another card? Even if the original "+2 cards" card has been exchanged and is no longer on the table?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
montebanc wrote:
Very interesting - thanks for that explanation. I wondered why left and right was so often emphasized in the rules. Now you've got me wondering though:

If I am playing cards on the right (paying one life for each card) and a card with the special ability "+2 cards" appears on the right side, do I add those cards on the left or the right? If I add them on the left, and then later an "under the deck card comes up, can I still replace it with another card? Even if the original "+2 cards" card has been exchanged and is no longer on the table?

You will play these cards on the right side.

Easy rule to remember:
Only free cards go to the left, all other cards drawn by paying life points OR using special abilities go to the right side.

Best regards,

Henning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I understand now!

Montebanc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm total noob with this game just got to reading thru rules...Where does it say, I wish it did say, that u pay for fighting cards with life points when u draw/play them.

Any complete AAR of a complete play thru posted anywhere's please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Builder
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This video walkthrough is quite good.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/16777/friday/friday-walkt...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dirty Harry wrote:
I'm total noob with this game just got to reading thru rules...Where does it say, I wish it did say, that u pay for fighting cards with life points when u draw/play them.

Page 4 in the rule book.

After drawing the free cards you can »sacrifice« additional life points and place them back into the reserve to draw 1 fighting card for each sacrificed life point. You place the additional card(s) on the right side of the hazard card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Henning wrote:

Thanks

On the left side you place a number of free cards matching the number on the hazard card. On the right side you place all the extra cards (paid with life points or drawn thanks to "+X cards" actions.

As a few actions let you remove cards again (e.g. "1 card below the draw pile"), if you use that action for a card on the left side, you are allowed to draw a new free card. If you use such an action on the right side, the card is just removed.

Best regards,

Henning

I believe that this is the only case where left vs. right matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
Henning wrote:

Thanks

Best regards,

Henning

I believe that this is the only case where left vs. right matters.

I've got one more for you. If you pull the "Stop" card with more to draw. If you buy some more draws and then manage to destroy or exchange the Stop card you then get the rest of your free cards. The Left vs Right is needed to keep track of how many free cards you already got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Manzella
United States
Hamilton
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this whole Left vs Right debate,

when drawing cards on the right side, can you pay for them one at a time?

Pay 1 life : Draw 1 card (repeat as needed)

or is it?

Pay x life : Draw x cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
mcmanzi wrote:
when drawing cards on the right side, can you pay for them one at a time?

Pay 1 life : Draw 1 card (repeat as needed)

Yes, this.

(Except I'd say "repeated as desired and able" rather than "repeat as needed"...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.