GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,455 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

London (first edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Best and Worst Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
What would be your nominations for the 5 most useful cards and 5 least useful in London?

Inquiring minds want to know!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lo
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The value of the cards fluctuate depending on the number of players and the size of your city. For example, the Omnibus in a two-player game can generate far more cash than in a four player game (as in a two-player game, each player will probably have 10 boroughs by the end of the game and in a four-player game, they'll only have about 5 each). Similarly, cards like the Train Station and Steamboats generally have greater value in a two-player game (more boroughs per player) than in a four-player game. Conversely, cards that reduce poverty are more valuable in a four-player game than a two-player game as poverty is more difficult to get rid of with less boroughs.

I'd say this variable value depending on the number of players is one reason why the game stays fresh for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played 3 or 4 player and probably will never play with 2.

With 3 or 4 players the value of some of the cards shift, but these didn't strike me as likely to be either the best or worst.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not ready to name 5 of each category, but I will say that I like to pair the hospital with a big money earning card.

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob in Richmond wrote:
I'm not ready to name 5 of each category, but I will say that I like to pair the hospital with a big money earning card.

Rob

Early game, yes, then I really like Whitehall with Underground late. Actually, Whitehall with anything, is pretty great. Most of the cards are very situation specific, or balanced by a high cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Budz
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmb
The OMNIBUS is a very nice card to have, having Both Omnibus cards is very powerful, esp. in a 2 player game. The TOWNHOUSE (there are 2) along with lots of pink and/or blue cards, esp. with a Hospital card gets you lots of VPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.