GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,017 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Nuklear Winter '68» Forums » General

Subject: Some comments and a question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Mcclain
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have been itching to get my hands on some new games lately but my list of items is unbearable! I figured I would put my money towards two games for now and one of those options went straight to D-Day Dice on kickstarter (the growing list of bonus items was too much to pass up!). I kind of wanted a wargame for my second choice and have been really looking forward to Heroes of the Pacific. But then my eyes wandered to Nuklear Winter '68 on Lock n Loads homepage...

I just have to say that I am now extremely excited and intrigued about this game! So far I have looked at the previews and videos and I am loving the battle system, which looks very easy to grasp but with lots of flexibility. The artwork and graphics look fantastic and seem to fit with the theme perfectly, plus the backstory is only making me hungry for more! I am happy to see that the map will be mounted but was wondering if you have plans to add more in the future? I am curious to see how replayable the game is for now with the one map. I think ill throw my money toward this as I am sure Heroes of the Pacific will be printed fairly soon.

I cant wait to play this amazing looking game and I hope you continue with this and Brandenburg!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petre Tutunea
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks Ryan!

I've said it many, many times - one of the biggest interest points for me in a (war)game, right next to the story and visual style, would be its replayability, and so, naturally, that's what I aimed for with NW68 (and Brandenburg as well).

I believe that the 15 scenarios the game comes with, quite varied in length, complexity and objectives, will keep you busy for a while and let me assure you, they were only limited to this number by my available time. As to the maps, I'll be happy to add some more to the game if there will be an interest for it.

Having worked so much on this game lately in preparation for its release, I had to to think on how to expand it. I realize that it's way to soon to talk about it now but I do have in mind the main story arc to follow, the fourth warring faction to enter the fray, and the reinforcements/story development for the existing triumvirate ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.