Gary
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
oooh that tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a strategy question, having not yet played the game....

My understanding of the rules is that when you first draw cards for the Antartica 1982 card, both draw from their #1 Decks; and after that both sides are free to draw from either 3 of their decks.

What is the diffference between each set of decks? I can see that the Thing deck#1 will have the multi-player infection cards, but other than that, are the decks weighted in some way that their cards might be more useful at different stages?

I appreciate I could just go and read all the cards, but when we do put our parkas on and play this, I don't want the rest of the team thinking that I'm "a cheatin' b'tch".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not free to choose the deck you draw from until instructed by the encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
oooh that tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I've now read all the encounters and found the part where it says you may draw from deck#2 and deck#3.

(In a effort to justify posting this under strategy and avoid reading the deck cards) Would there be any value in drawing from deck#1 once you've got permission to draw from the higher numbered deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's where the infection cards all are. But Deck three are the most powerful, so it's a trade off (and a tell?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
oooh that tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Clyde

Of course, the multi-player infection cards are in deck 1. If they don't show up by the time decks 2+3 are available, I can the Thing is going to be in sticky situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.