GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

World at War: Death of the 1st Panzer» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scenario 6, SSR 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Franck Maille
France
flag msg tools
just to be sure, does it mean that "1st Tank" and "33rd Motorized" are allowed to activate twice during the first turn?
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SSR 1 wrote:
..the Soviet player may activate 1st Tank to begin play. He need not pull a formation marker from the cup to do this.
This means the Soviet player is allowed to activate 1st Tank before anything else happens on the first turn. Since no formation marker is pulled from the cup, this means there is a chance that the 1st Tank will activate twice during the first turn. It is not guaranteed since the 2 End Turn markers could be pulled before its formation marker is pulled.

Nothing allows the 33rd Motorized to activate without drawing its formation marker so it could only activate once on the first turn.

Does that help clear it up?

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck Maille
France
flag msg tools
thanks Michael, that helps.
the pulling out of the end turn markers was so obvious in my head that i forgot to write about it.
about the first two activations SSR 1 says the Soviet player may activate 1st Tank and then 33rd Motorized to begin play without pulling markers out of the cup to do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
Kirk "The Man" Douglas (Vikings)
mbmbmbmbmb
dregen wrote:
thanks Michael, that helps.
the pulling out of the end turn markers was so obvious in my head that i forgot to write about it.
about the first two activations SSR 1 says the Soviet player may activate 1st Tank and then 33rd Motorized to begin play without pulling markers out of the cup to do this.

I pulled out my copy of "Death of 1st Panzer" and scenario 6 special scenario 1 does state that you can activate 1st tank first, and then follow that with an activation of the 33rd Motorized. Otherwise what Michael said is correct and sounds like your on top of it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck Maille
France
flag msg tools
thanks Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.