Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing with challenge rule 5, if I move one of my swimmers onto a space, where a dolphin (with nothing to protect up to now) and a sea serpent awaits me, what happens? Is the dolphin "faster" and protects me against the serpent, or is the sea serpent faster, and eats me, before the dolphin can protect me?

Now, imagine the same situation, but I dont move a swimmer to that space, but a boat with a single meeple of mine. What happens then?

Third situation: there is a dolphin (with nothing to protect), a whale and a sea serpent on a space, onto I move with a boat with a single meeple of mine onboard. What happens then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it goes as follows.

1. Dolphin wins.

2. Sea Serpent wins, because dolphins don't protect people in the boat and the sea serpent is judged to take out the boat and the guy in one action.

3. Again I think sea serpent wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to judge it in the same way. But especially in the third situation I am just not sure. There is nothing written in the rules about order of resolvement. One could argue, the whale is resolved first, after that, the boat is destroyed and the meeple is a swimmer. After that, you could say, that you practically have situation one, and the dolphin wins over the serpent. An offical answer would be good here, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We resolve them in order of power.
Seaserpent, Whale, Dolphin, Shark.

Though normally you cant move your boats into such a situation so under usual circumstances one of the critters will get to where the boat is first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.