GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,336 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Trivial Pursuit» Forums » Variants

Subject: Trivial Pursuit Short Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Weeks
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Early on in my playing of trivial pursuit, we got tired of the long games so we came up with a simple variant.

1. you get a new wedge any time you land on that colored space. You still have to reach all the colors, just not all the wedge spaces.

2. once you get in the middle, you stay there until you answer a question correctly to win the game.

3. if you are not the reader and the player doesn't know the answer to the question but you do, you can steal the wedge, opportunity to answer goes clockwise from the player excluding the reader.

these three rules greatly reduce the length of the game and keep players engaged even when it is not their turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gumby
Australia
Taree
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great ideas. I shall try it. We started playing teams to reduce the time. Maybe girls against guys. Lots of laughs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Get rid of the game board.
Agree on a number of questions to be answered (i.e. 20 for each team), draw a card, roll 1d6 to determine a question and play.
Award 1 point for each correct answerd question.

The favorite way to play for me and my wife and our friends. All that die-rolling on the TP board always made my wrist hurt meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schell
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like "In Pursuit" which came out when "Survivor" and other backstabbing team elimination reality shows were popular.
One team advances on every turn in this game and your goal is to take the leadership of the team when that team crosses the goal line. Only one player is considered the winner, the leader, not the team. The rules are a little harder to digest than standard Trivial Pursuit but the game goes so much faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.