Subject: How to contact Ascora Games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christoph Reis
Germany
Felsberg, Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know how to contact somebody from Ascora Games?

I have tried now for over a month to contact Scott or Ascora Games by email or BGG-message but I have not received any answer yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
I'll let him know you're waiting on him...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also sent an email and a BGG message about doing a story on the game for the newspaper where I work and haven't gotten a reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Reis
Germany
Felsberg, Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes! wrote:
I'll let him know you're waiting on him...

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Müller
Germany
Düsseldorf
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, IS there a way to contact him?

I "kind of preordered" Nefarious in Essen, when I was told, that the game was not for sale immediately due to some f*** up by the supplier, but if I'd pay right away I would get it delivered right to my door in "a few weeks time". Now it has been a month since the last mail from Ascora ... they asked me, again, for my shipping adress. Since then nothing. I mailed them several times but they seem to play dead ;-)

Holmes!, I would greatly appreciate it if you could ask him on my behalf as well.

Thanks very much,
Olav
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Heya, folks. I just talked to him and he's beside himself; he hasn't seen the thread 'cos his connection is out at home, and he doesn't surf BGG or answer non-work email during his day job. I know, I don't get it either! Who can make it through work without BGG??

But he will be getting back to folks who've written, and he wanted me to pass along word in the meantime that the factory has been backed up some, so there is a delay. Believe me, there's nobody who wants the production kinks to right themselves more than Scott! But he is at the mercy of larger forces.

So hold tight; he's frazzled but diligent...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christof Tisch
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I understand, that there ar some problems in production and that the games can not be delivered. He is not the only one having this problems. I remember Key Market by Richard Breeze was delayed much last year, BUT he than did inform the people. He even made a list to give an overview about the progress.

I believe that Scott wants to do a good job with his little company and that it is much work for almost as single person, but if somethings goes wrong he has to inform the persons who have paid him money.

Otherwise people will not be so patient next time and say »Ok, give the copies I have to the people from far east, where it is expensive to ship to and I wait for my copy.«

Many peoples have patience and understanding for problems, but not if they are not told why they are waiting.

Regards

Christof
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Reis
Germany
Felsberg, Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes! wrote:
he hasn't seen the thread 'cos his connection is out at home, and he doesn't surf BGG or answer non-work email during his day job.

If he can't surf BGG at the moment how is it possible that his last login on BGG.com was yesterday?

Quote:
Many peoples have patience and understanding for problems, but not if they are not told why they are waiting.

That is exactly what I think! And to blame a broken connection for the lack of communication is lame - it should not be a big problem to go to a place with free wifi or to some internet cafe or even some friends place and just send out a note to all the customers who have ordered and paid (!!!)...

I'm very disappointed and will think twice about ordering any games from Ascora Games again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am surprised and disappointed that such a good game designer as Donald with such a good game as Nefarious would need to resort to being published by a company with such apparent little regard for customers and for publicity about the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico D
Belgium
Sint-Pieters-Leeuw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CosimShop wrote:
Holmes! wrote:
he hasn't seen the thread 'cos his connection is out at home, and he doesn't surf BGG or answer non-work email during his day job.

If he can't surf BGG at the moment how is it possible that his last login on BGG.com was yesterday?

Quote:

That is exactly what I think! And to blame a broken connection for the lack of communication is lame - it should not be a big problem to go to a place with free wifi or to some internet cafe or even some friends place and just send out a note to all the customers who have ordered and paid (!!!)...

I'm very disappointed and will think twice about ordering any games from Ascora Games again.

Same problem here.
Pre-ordered an pre-paid game in Essen .
Last answer from Scott is from november the 2nd.
Since them complete silence, even no reaction on my multiple mails.
Great way to sell your game. First and last time for me too !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know printing problems aren't always something companies can control, but any company needs to find a way to communicate with customers so this is a big failure on this company's part, especially for a new company without built in good will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like he doesn't understand how to conduct a business or the obligations a business person has to his clients. Too bad. That will hurt him in the future.

I have this game on my wishlist, because it sounds like fun. But, given the information in this thread, I will certainly hold off purchasing for the time being, at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CosimShop wrote:
Holmes! wrote:

Quote:

Likewise - I'm also still waiting for my paid (pre)order...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Hsu
Germany
Delmenhorst
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m also waiting for my copy, but didnt get any response to my mails so far....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps Donald can use this as a way to get out of his contract, at least in the U.S., and find a different company to produce it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Sorenson
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hi, I'm a friend of Scott's. I spoke with him in person last night, asked him (again, previously asked weeks ago via email), "Do you know you're getting trashed on the Geek?", and got permission to post this update.

1. His local friends haven't seen or heard much from him this winter either. There are some major things going on at his day job that have prevented him from conducting Ascora-related business as of late; even the seemingly-minor tasks of asking the factory "where the hell are the rest of my games!" and responding to pre-paid customer inquiries.

2. The factory has not shipped the remainder of the run. He'd love to put a game in your hands, but he doesn't have them, and has been unable to hound the factory (see #1).

2a. (I'm also unclear as to how the logistics work now; if there's a way for him to ship a few games from the German factory, or if the inventory must come to the US before he can get them where they need to go.)

3. This forum post from a non-regular is going to do little to assuage anyone. He's eager to sort this out with the paid would-be customers, and a Personal Apology Email tour WILL begin this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Hsu
Germany
Delmenhorst
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for the update,
I know him from Essen and was a bit worried, that he didnt write back.
Thanks for letting us know.

I hope everything turns out fine in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Reis
Germany
Felsberg, Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks alot for the update!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico D
Belgium
Sint-Pieters-Leeuw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Greg.
Scott has indeed contacted me lately.
I'm living on new hopes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting (though I may be far down on a long list).

Did he give any indication about the release?

I've still got a basket full of games waiting for me to pull the trigger, and I'm hoping to add Nefarious to that cart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm considering voting with my wallet. This total silence is infuriating me into cancelling my preorder. There are other games out there. Why deal with someone who doesn't even care enough to communicate when there are plenty of other options?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Reis
Germany
Felsberg, Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My order has arrived today - so the wait is over. But still no email from Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you order it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Müller
Germany
Düsseldorf
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was pleased today when I arrived home from work and found a package from Ludopackt on my desk. I got a short notice from Scott about two weeks ago, that he hopes to sort this mess out soon. Seems he did ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Hsu
Germany
Delmenhorst
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was contacted on the 9th and got a package today from the factory with my copy.
Thx again, now i can´t wait to get people to play it with
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.