Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Daniels
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the VPG counters are somewhat homespun...is the conventional wisdom that the counters need to be sealed or spraycoated?...and if so, what are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ridgeway
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've used Minwax Polyurethane sprays* found in every Home Supply & Super-Box-Mart store. Requires 24 hours for FULL drying time (one coat is enough for me).

*I use either their Semi-Gloss or Satin so you can easily read the units regardless of bright light shining on them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never bothered, and have had no problems at all, although I'm not a heavy player of any individual title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two initial coats of Talens 680 Protective Spray. You can then apply a coat of Talens 064 fixative (let it dry inside if you want to avoid dust sticking on the tiles because it contains glue).

Finally apply two more coats of Talens 680.

These are used to protect and improve the adhesion of pastels in paintings so they will not damage the VPG counters printed on an inkjet printer. They are non-yellowing and dry fast.

The first contains resin and the second glue particles, so the end result will be very sturdy counters with a plastic feeling on them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Daniels
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for your suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I, too, have never bothered. I, too, have had no problems at all. I have played a couple of titles -- Soviet Dawn and We Must Tell the Emperor -- hundreds of times. I think these concerns are unwarranted.

However, I understand some players like doing it. Me, I'd rather play. There are enemies to crush and empires to be won...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.