Subject: Only 2 reviews??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Sanderson
Bermuda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is apparently a gaming hobby all of its own. A multi-million dollar industry... Yet only 2 reviews of this game on bgg?

Tons of people must be in a position to review this game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the instances where there are much better resources for miniatures games than this site ....try dakka dakka, yesthetruthhurts, belloflostsouls or

Podcasts:
D6 generation is a start but there are a ton.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jpeter wrote:
Tons of people must be in a position to review this game...

There are but BGG is not their natural habitat. The GW purge a few years ago didn't do their games any favours, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
The publisher tries as hard as they can to stamp out fan input. So people have given up trying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Hon
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try theminiaturespage.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There may have been more reviews once that have been pulled due to the Purge of 09, or other GW loony bin antics over the many mnay years.

I had a review in the works for 40k and WHQ, but the general nastyness of the more stringent GW fanatics on the BGG killed that around the same time as the purge. Then a major act of design theft on the BGG that not only has been allowed, but encouraged really murdered any interest for a long time in dealing with GW related material.

I got out a Talisman and Battle Masters review before things went downhill at least. Maybee some day I'll finish off those reviews, or delete them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Bear in mind that each edition of 40K has its own BGG page. The 5th Edition (the most up to date one) has 4 reviews on it:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/37165/warhammer-40000...

The other editions probably have their own smattering of reviews too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Maybe thematic games would be a more natural home for 40K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Menzies
Australia
Katoomba
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
There may have been more reviews once that have been pulled due to the Purge of 09, or other GW loony bin antics over the many mnay years.

I had a review in the works for 40k and WHQ, but the general nastyness of the more stringent GW fanatics on the BGG killed that around the same time as the purge. Then a major act of design theft on the BGG that not only has been allowed, but encouraged really murdered any interest for a long time in dealing with GW related material.

I got out a Talisman and Battle Masters review before things went downhill at least. Maybee some day I'll finish off those reviews, or delete them...

Just out of my prurient interest in gossip - what was the nastyness & the design theft?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.