Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Just bought the core set that I'll play only solitaire.

My questions are:

1) Is the core base set sufficient to play solitaire? or I have to buy an expansion?
2) what expansions you recommended always thinking to play only solitaire?
I mean expansions thar really add something to the solo experience ...

Thanks in advance!

Roberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The base set gives a pretty good solo experience, though the game seems to have been balanced most for a 2-player game.

None of the expansions are particularly focused on solo play, but each of the Song cards aids solo decks a lot. Those allow you to construct multi-sphere decks much more effectively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:
The base set gives a pretty good solo experience, though the game seems to have been balanced most for a 2-player game.

None of the expansions are particularly focused on solo play, but each of the Song cards aids solo decks a lot. Those allow you to construct multi-sphere decks much more effectively.
... and, of course, the song cards are spread across the APs, so if you want the extra help of those (and they make life much easier) then you need to get those APs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Song cards? are they part of some expansion?
AP?? what are?

I have still to receive the game ... so I don't know anything!

Roberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:

That's fine cos the best solo experience is by playing 2 factions and adding 2 cards to the staging area each turn anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
rsitaly wrote:
AP?? what are?

I have still to receive the game ...

Roberto

AP is the abbreviated name of the small expansion packs. They come with 60 cards, about half new encounter cards and the other half new player cards. They also are about to do the first big expansion.

You can get plenty of good solo use out of just the core set (though you will probably find it very hard at first - don't give up, but do read the threads on here). You can decide about getting the expansions after you have played the game enough to understand it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Valnor
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rsitaly wrote:
AP?? what are?

I have still to receive the game ... so I don't know anything!

Roberto

Song cards refer to a card type, it is an attachment, in the game there are 4 'traits' each hero can use resources of one trait. The song cards allow the hero to use 2 types of resources.

Yes the game can be played solo with the core, the core comes with 4 premade decks each of 1 color(red blue purple green) It seems the base red one is the hardest to solo, but by mixing other heros and 'better' cards it can take on the quests.
But this isn't to say you should not try, because that is the best way to learn what the deck does weakly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Rodriguez
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found playing solo by base rules quite dry, so I recommend this approach posted in the file section of the base game: "Expanded Solo Variant v0.8"

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/69038/expanded-solo-va...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.