Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a recently new wargamer and I think that in one year I acquire wargames that suit my taste in the hobby, thanks to BGG. Yes, too many games...
Regarding my collection you can understand that I like wargames about the first and second world war, hex and counter, OCS, some solitaire games, etc.
I know that I have games to last for years and years to come.
Is there some particulary game that you can advice regarding my collection here in BGG?
Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Mine is NOTHINGS in comparisons... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Anderson
Canada
Carseland
flag msg tools
Very nice collection and well rounded. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
May the Great Spirit Bless all who read this.
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
For someone who has been hanging around the geek since 2003 that is a mighty collection you have there. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
May the Great Spirit Bless all who read this.
mbmbmbmbmb
psicoserra wrote:
I am a recently new wargamer and I think that in one year I acquire wargames that suit my taste in the hobby, thanks to BGG. Yes, too many games...
Regarding my collection you can understand that I like wargames about the first and second world war, hex and counter, OCS, some solitaire games, etc.
Is there some particulary game that you can advice regarding my collection here in BGG?
Thanks in advance.
Be great if you could rate the rest of your games in the collection. I find it interesting and helpful to see game ratings and peoples comments. In fact, the BGG ratings are one of the main factors I consider when deciding to purchase or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
Snowman wrote:
psicoserra wrote:
Thanks in advance.
Be great if you could rate the rest of your games in the collection. I find it interesting and helpful to see game ratings and peoples comments. In fact, the BGG ratings are one of the main factors I consider when deciding to purchase or not.

I will do that but it will last some time, because I want to play them one by one, several times, to have a solid review. I do the same as you in the matter of chosing a game. I always read the reviews and comments in this great community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snowman wrote:
GROGnads wrote:
For someone who has been hanging around the geek since 2003 that is a mighty collection you have there. laugh

Thanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Coff Coff Case Blue Coff!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

More expansions for your Carcassone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Ashiefan wrote:

No! I think he needs to get rid of Hey Waiter!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dorosh
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Tactical Wargamer's Journal
mbmbmbmbmb
Snowman wrote:

Would also help in giving advice, i.e. we would know what the original poster liked and didn't like. I see a lot of older games on the list, including solitaire, and a mix of tactical and operational. Hard to guess what to recommend since the collection is very diverse.

If you enjoyed Ambush!, you might try some of the add-ons, for example, and there are plenty of TCS modules since you also have GD '42. etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rexbinary
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
In Stereo
badge
I pwnz j00!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks nice! I just returned to wargaming in Oct. 2010 after a brief run with Star Fleet Battles in the early '80s, and it seems my collection looks similar to yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashiefan wrote:

Thanks but no thanks.
That is Wally on the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
Ashiefan wrote:

No! I think he needs to get rid of Hey Waiter!!!

Maybe one day I get rid of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Filippo Chiari wrote:

Coff Coff Case Blue Coff!!

Case Blue it will be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Dorosh wrote:
Snowman wrote:

Would also help in giving advice, i.e. we would know what the original poster liked and didn't like. I see a lot of older games on the list, including solitaire, and a mix of tactical and operational. Hard to guess what to recommend since the collection is very diverse.

If you enjoyed Ambush!, you might try some of the add-ons, for example, and there are plenty of TCS modules since you also have GD '42. etc.

I haven´t played Ambush! and I know I must.
I am into TCS and OCS. That´s my favorite games.
Wich TCS do you recommend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rexbinary wrote:
Looks nice! I just returned to wargaming in Oct. 2010 after a brief run with Star Fleet Battles in the early '80s, and it seems my collection looks similar to yours.

Hi Rex

That´s true that we do have a similar collection.
I have bought some of the "old days" wargames from a man that played them in Portugal. That was not common in those days in our country. The wife when sold me the games ask me if I was a crazy gammer like her husband. That was funny and I have those games treatened with care because they have a previous history.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great collection!

Too bad about the OCS games: I almost owned them all at one point, but gave them all away (but one I just don't like the system and the size of the games), ), if not I could have made you very happy!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
psicoserra wrote:

In order of preference:

"Bloody Ridge" Bloody Ridge is very nice, and of manageable size. "GD'40" GD '40is excellent too (france 1940 setting with lots of elite troops).

"Hunters from the Sky" Hunters from the Skyis also quite fun and different.

if you want something REALLY crazy going, also try "Leros" Leros.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett W
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
Wooden Ships & Iron Men

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/237/wooden-ships-iron...

You've a very nice collection, I'm envious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good start but you are missing some "holy grails".

A version Rise and Decline of the Third Reich, which could also include Advanced Third Reich or John Prados' Third Reich.

A Gettysburg game, of which I recommend Thunder at the Crossroads (second edition) or This Hallowed Ground. Terrible Swift Sword is the monster classic version.

The Russian Campaign or the newer version.

A Battle of the Bulge game which can range from the classic The Battle of the Bulge to the monster Wacht Am Rhein to the possibly best Bulge game ever Ardennes '44.

You have a D-Day game in Normandy'44 which is a great game. However you need a D-Day monster game of which The Longest Day and/or The Battle for Normandy are both awesome.

I also highly recommend Highway to the Reich (third edition).

I'll let experts in Napoleonics and Ancients make recommendations for those genre's. Keep up the good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
psicoserra wrote:

In order of preference:

"Bloody Ridge" Bloody Ridge is very nice, and of manageable size. "GD'40" GD '40is excellent too (france 1940 setting with lots of elite troops).

"Hunters from the Sky" Hunters from the Skyis also quite fun and different.

if you want something REALLY crazy going, also try "Leros" Leros.

Thanks Carl. I am reading the rulebook of No Retreat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
olwargamer wrote:
Wooden Ships & Iron Men

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/237/wooden-ships-iron...

You've a very nice collection, I'm envious!

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gohrns wrote:
It's a good start but you are missing some "holy grails".

A version Rise and Decline of the Third Reich, which could also include Advanced Third Reich or John Prados' Third Reich.

A Gettysburg game, of which I recommend Thunder at the Crossroads (second edition) or This Hallowed Ground. Terrible Swift Sword is the monster classic version.

The Russian Campaign or the newer version.

A Battle of the Bulge game which can range from the classic The Battle of the Bulge to the monster Wacht Am Rhein to the possibly best Bulge game ever Ardennes '44.

You have a D-Day game in Normandy'44 which is a great game. However you need a D-Day monster game of which The Longest Day and/or The Battle for Normandy are both awesome.

I also highly recommend Highway to the Reich (third edition).

I'll let experts in Napoleonics and Ancients make recommendations for those genre's. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the recomendations.
I am going to read about those games that you mencioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Cameron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
psicoserra wrote:
Thanks in advance.

A great collection of games that is missing one game which is at the heart of wargaming: Advanced Squad Leader.

Plenty to like or dislike about ASL. I like it a lot, but others find it too ... something ... for their taste.

If you can play OCS and TCS you will have no difficulty with ASL.

If you didn't have all the signs of being a hard core wargamer, I would suggest you give Advanced Squad Leader: Starter Kit #3 a try. But you could probably have a crack at ASL itself, starting with the rule book and Beyond Valor: ASL Module 1 (3rd edition is in print and has everything you need to play lots of ASL).

Mind you, you probably have enough games in your collection to never need another game of anything, but we all know how that usually fares in the face of temptation ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.