GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,268 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
59 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Antiquity» Forums » General

Subject: Is Antiquity out of print again? (2011 reprint) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ChokSien Hiew
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently tried Antiquity and liked it, and wanted to buy a copy, but the online stores that I checked have all run out of stock. The copies available in the BGG Marketplace have very high prices, similar to before the 2011 reprint came out. I am surprised it is so quickly out of stock again after the recent reprint. Does anyone know any place which still has stock?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hecose wrote:
I recently tried Antiquity and liked it, and wanted to buy a copy, but the online stores that I checked have all run out of stock. The copies available in the BGG Marketplace have very high prices, similar to before the 2011 reprint came out. I am surprised it is so quickly out of stock again after the recent reprint. Does anyone know any place which still has stock?

I honestly don't know if it is out of stock. The stuff in the marketplace is pre-2011 reprint (as I have been watching for it as well). I picked up a copy this go around and from what I could tell, we were one of the first orders filled. So I don't if it is already sold out again or if other places just haven't gotten their copies from Splotter yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hecose wrote:

Don't be surprised. Splotter is a small company that likes to sell games at Essen, not a large company willing to stuff games into the normal distribution channels. You shouldn't expect its availability to be anything like mass-produced games.

There were several small imports into the US by individual online game stores (And a few real ones) which have mostly sold out. I expect more small shipments will happen in the future.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Freeman
Canada
Vancouver
B.C
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read in other threads that it might be available soon from splotters website so you might want to check there. From what I've seen most of the online retailers seem to be already sold out.

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ChokSien Hiew
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. This gives me some hope that it may be a matter of distribution and not really that the game is out-of-print again so quickly. I better check the Splotter website and also other online stores regularly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Wuttig
Germany
Melsungen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No it is not out of print.

Please see

http://www.milan-spiele.de/antiquity-p-3858.html?osCsid=9shc...

for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Wegner
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A few days before Essen, Jeroen from Splotter promised, that they will have a new website online soon, where you shall have the possibility to order a copy of Antiquity (and/or other Splotter games).

Unfortunately, the Splotter website still hasn't been relaunched. Probably because the Splotter guys are busy with their real life.

(And yes, there is a life outside the board gaming universe )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hecose wrote:

I believe Mario at Godboma.com in Quebec may be getting another shipment soon. I got a copy for $119(Canadian) this last week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weserkiesel wrote:
A few days before Essen, Jeroen from Splotter promised, that they will have a new website online soon, where you shall have the possibility to order a copy of Antiquity (and/or other Splotter games).
Yes, this is (still) true. Unfortunately, "soon" will not mean as soon as we'd originally hoped - it will most likely only be after the holidays . On the plus side, we will have Antiquity for sale there .

Jeroen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Carro
Spain
La Coruña
La Coruña
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Doumen,
Is there any way to find out when the web is ready? I mean, like a mail list, or perhaps you could set a link here... I suppose not, because you'll probably be very busy, but I thought I better ask, just in case.
You know, I really want this game. Then, I'll really want some partners to play with it. But that's another story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kikerl wrote:
Mr. Doumen,
Is there any way to find out when the web is ready? I mean, like a mail list, or perhaps you could set a link here... I suppose not, because you'll probably be very busy, but I thought I better ask, just in case.
You know, I really want this game. Then, I'll really want some partners to play with it. But that's another story.

You can check in for yourself when it has been updated. The old site is still up.

http://www.splotter.nl/english/index.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graeme Morley
Wales
PENARTH
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
Still available in UK here;
www.gameslore.com/
and they ship international.

Pricey though; £80GBP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kikerl wrote:
Is there any way to find out when the web is ready? I mean, like a mail list, or perhaps you could set a link here...
I'll make sure to post it here (and/or in the Splotter Spellen forums).

Jeroen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alaren
United States
flag msg tools
Turtle Power
badge
all the way down
mb
tojoluna wrote:
Still available in UK here;
www.gameslore.com/
and they ship international.

Pricey though; £80GBP.

Apparently not to the United States, though. Otherwise I would have just ordered a copy. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janez Lužar
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Milan Spiele still has it for 80 eur. For shipping cost to USA you'll have to ask.

http://www.milan-spiele.de/advanced_search_result.php?keywor...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Carro
Spain
La Coruña
La Coruña
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'll make sure to post it here (and/or in the Splotter Spellen forums).

Thank you so much!! Xmas is a very bad time for saving money, but I'll manage to spare enough to get Antiquity, I hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alaren
United States
flag msg tools
Turtle Power
badge
all the way down
mb
joey5513 wrote:
Milan Spiele still has it for 80 eur. For shipping cost to USA you'll have to ask.

http://www.milan-spiele.de/advanced_search_result.php?keywor...

Thanks--I placed an order with them. Which was a lot of fun as my high school German is beyond rusty. Thank goodness for Babelfish. d^_^b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weserkiesel wrote:
(And yes, there is a life outside the board gaming universe )

YOU LIE!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just bought a copy from an aussie OLGS ... didn't realise it was so hard to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
asj
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Aussie game store carried it? There must be a cool one I don't know about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
boren wrote:
What Aussie game store carried it? There must be a cool one I don't know about.
unhalfbricking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
asj
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ok, I know them, just hard to sort through their list. Good price too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
boren wrote:
and now only one left... i bought Indonesia as part of the same order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I think I just bought the last copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BlueMountain wrote:
boren wrote:
and now only one left... i bought Indonesia as part of the same order.
It has arrived... and it was packed it in a "tough bag" rather than a box... so there was a dent in the side. The box for antiquity is very large and a great deal of the chits had come loose.... and there are a LOT of chits.... I'll have to work out how to store them all in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.