Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happen if you do not go to a fashion show in regards to credit repayments?

For example.

I take a 20k loan and pay the interest in Month 1,2,3

Do I have to pay the 20k back in month 3?

Relevant rules:

Furthermore, the Credit should be paid back to the Bank immediately after Player gets money from his or her Collection sold during incoming Fashion Show Month (and only then).

What happens if I dont get any money as I did not sell a collection?

Regards

Hans
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
hvddrift wrote:
What happens if I dont get any money as I did not sell a collection?

As you must display a collection and then must sell it, I guess the more relevant question is...what if you raise insufficient funds to pay back the credit.

Looking under the maintenance phase for a fashion show (page 12), you must pay back your credit and loans. If you can't (see Penalties on Page 15), you get a -10 thousand penalty to be applied at game's end and must continue to pay interest and pay the credit off during the next fashion show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
As you must display a collection and then must sell it, I guess the more relevant question is...what if you raise insufficient funds to pay back the credit.

Richard,

Why do you say MUST?

Collection Display Phase
Each Player chooses which Collection he or she will display at fashion show this month and he or she may choose only 1 Collection in a given Fashion Show Month.

So, if you want you do not have to show designs at a show, so, that means nothing will sell.

So if you dont sell, do you need to still pay back the loan?

Hans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the specific rule pertaining to this:

Additionally, in Maintenance Phase in Fashion Shows month Players have to pay all their Credits and Loans back to the Bank. Detailed rules are discussed in Specific Rules Chapter: Credits and Loans

So, I guess no long term loans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
hvddrift wrote:
Why do you say MUST?

Because nothing in that section indicates it is an option. I interpret the word choose as a selection of cards from your hand to display as part of the collection. I do not interpret the sentence as you choose whether or not to display.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
hvddrift wrote:
I found the specific rule pertaining to this:

And more specifically the penalty section I pointed out in my response above also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
hvddrift wrote:
Why do you say MUST?

Because nothing in that section indicates it is an option. I interpret the word choose as a selection of cards from your hand to display as part of the collection. I do not interpret the sentence as you choose whether or not to display.

So, you are saying, if I have some bolts of cloth I must assign them to designs to sell.

or,

What happens if I did not buy any cloth for 2 months (other than being bad business)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
hvddrift wrote:
Why do you say MUST?

I'd interpret the word choose as including "choose none". It's certainly possible though action selection to not have any finished designs at all and thus have no collection to display at a Fashion Show - I think that choosing not to display one should also be an option. (Though I think this is probably bad gameplay and you want more consistent income.)

Otherwise, you'd sometimes (for example) be forced to display your high Quality collection in a city that values only Trends and PR, instead of waiting to perfect your high-Quality line for the Show that actually rewards that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kareem Koh
Malaysia
Puchong
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I interpret it as Aaron does as well. I can choose not to display, if I know my collection can't compete in this fashion show month. But if you don't sell you won't get income, so doing it a couple of times could put you out of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Josephy
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As we understand it:
- presenting a collection is not optional as long as you have something to present. Even if its features do not match the ones awarding stars, if you have only one collection to show, you have to show it.

- no matter whether you present something or not, the end-of-trimester repayments and maintenance have to be paid. Just imagine yourself in front of the banker, mobster and employees: "hey, let's not show anything, so I don't have to pay you!!". Perfect if you want to end up at the bottom of the river with cement shoes (not trendy!), but thematically incoherent. So, no, you can't "forget" to buy cloth to avoid III, VI, IX or XII months. Nice try

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
hvddrift wrote:
What happens if I did not buy any cloth for 2 months (other than being bad business)

Besides bad business (like the cement shoes comment), seems like poor game play, but if you insist...

You take the -10 Thousand penalty, carry the loan forward to the next fashion show, and I expect also have a bunch of loans as you are unlikely to afford any maintenance costs going forward.

I still think one must display a collection if able.

Since one's designs are face up on the table, if I saw a player in my game struggling like this (no cloth, too much credit), I'd certainly engage them to ask what strategy they are attempting and perhaps ask gently to ensure they understood the rules as I would strongly suspect they didn't understand the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kareem Koh
Malaysia
Puchong
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we need an official clarification.

As I see it, you allocate your material during the fashion show month as well, so I can choose not to allocate any material to my designs, thereby not fulfilling it's requirement and not being able to submit it as a collection.

It feels like the option not to submit a collection is there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georgios P.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It won't be easy. But it can be done.
mbmbmbmbmb
onetonmee wrote:

It feels like the option not to submit a collection is there.

This might just be the spectacularly, sub-par play that Ignacy was talking about during his investor meetings with the bank.

Because I honestly cannot see how it could be beneficial to miss out on any fashion show. You'd just be bleeding money (and VP) the whole time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can decide to not go to show. This is not very wise in my opinion but you can decide to pass a show.

During test we were testing many strategies, for example to go only to show in June and December with very strong collections or to not go to collection in March, but prepare to June since very beginning. It is all possible.

2. If you don't pay credit/loan after show, you still have it. You pay interest, you have to pay it after next show and what is more, you get 10$ penatly at the end of the game for each time you did not paid credit/loan in term.

Sorry for late answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:
1. You can decide to not go to show. This is not very wise in my opinion but you can decide to pass a show.

During test we were testing many strategies, for example to go only to show in June and December with very strong collections or to not go to collection in March, but prepare to June since very beginning. It is all possible.

2. If you don't pay credit/loan after show, you still have it. You pay interest, you have to pay it after next show and what is more, you get 10$ penatly at the end of the game for each time you did not paid credit/loan in term.

Sorry for late answer.

Thanks Ignacy

That is a good answer. Part of the greatness of this game is tha ability to try different business strategies to see if they work or not.

FYI in testing the hold off for a show or two did not pan out. You worked out you need cash flow to keep your system running very quickly.

Thanks

Hans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
trzewik wrote:
1. You can decide to not go to show.

Looks like I was wrong. Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.