Subject: What if you have a skill of one and a trap requires two? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john m
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your player has one skill but a trap requires two successful rolls to get out of trap what do you do? I know you wouldn't roll because it doesn't matter.

But say what was your first action. You moved and drew that tile that required two. That was your first action. No need to roll because you don't have two dice (you have on skill one die.)

What do you do for your second action?

What happens on the next turn? Don't you have to try and get out of the trap again? Do you escape? What do you do? Not stuck there forever I hope. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't have enough of the required skill to even attempt a disarm, I daresay your character will just have to lump it, and take the damage.

Rules, p.10 wrote:
A trap that is not disarmed is discarded after it is
resolved.

Traps, even unavoidable ones, only ever go off once. No infinite death spirals. Use your second action to lick your wounds, or grumble about poor character choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never really found an explanation of how traps interact with the board, so this is good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.