Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the dimensions of the cards and how many are there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I played the prototype, they looked like Mini Euro, but don't quote me on that. Surprised no one has responded yet. According to the rules, I think it was like 44 cards, i.e. less than 50 (meaning you just need one FFG pack).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aldaryn wrote:
When I played the prototype, they looked like Mini Euro, but don't quote me on that. Surprised no one has responded yet. According to the rules, I think it was like 44 cards, i.e. less than 50 (meaning you just need one FFG pack).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. BTW, double-checked - it's 46 cards - but my general sentiment still stands. I'd wait and double-check about Mini Euro just to be safe - whenever MM finally gets it in and sends it to me I'll report back...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Manoff
United States
Haymarket
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sleeved my cards and they are the Mini-European card sleeves (red ones) from FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Sim
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi, what is the size of the cards, for mayday sleeves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blutangerine wrote:

I tried a bunch including the FFG Mini European (Red) and the Mayday Mini Euro (Blue), but unfortunately, the Mayday Mini Chimera/Mini Fantasy (Dark Red) seemed to fit the Takenoko cards the best and actually fit into the card slot of the insert.

Mayday Mini Chimera/Mini Fantasy (Dark Red)
MDG-7045 = Standard
MDG-7079 = Premium
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, mini Euro work fine, but they are a bit long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Streuner
United States
Concord
North Carolina
flag msg tools
"Cambot! Gypsy! Tom Servo! Crooooow!"
badge
“Look at me! I’m dancin’! I’m dancin’!” (Claptrap)
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
I tried a bunch including the FFG Mini European (Red) and the Mayday Mini Euro (Blue), but unfortunately, the Mayday Mini Chimera/Mini Fantasy (Dark Red) seemed to fit the Takenoko cards the best and actually fit into the card slot of the insert.

MDG-7045 = Standard
MDG-7079 = Premium

That's odd; the cards in Takenoko are 44mm wide, and those sleeves are for 43mm wide cards. I just tried it out and, indeed, they're just barely too small. UltraPro makes sleeves for 44mm x 68mm cards, but Amazon is offering Prime (free) shipping for MayDay's 45mm x 68mm, so I'll be giving those a try next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZomBub wrote:
shigadeyo wrote:

MDG-7045 = Standard
MDG-7079 = Premium

That's odd; the cards in Takenoko are 44mm wide, and those sleeves are for 43mm wide cards. I just tried it out and, indeed, they're just barely too small. UltraPro makes sleeves for 44mm x 68mm cards, but Amazon is offering Prime (free) shipping for Fantasy Flight's 45mm x 68mm, so I'll be giving those a try next.

If you go to Ultra Pro's page and look at the FAQ, they've recently changed their Small Card Game Size (really meant for Yu Gi Oh) down a bit which is frustrating. I have some old UPs of this type and that are basically Chimera Mayday size and fit Cyclades/Dice Town perfectly, but the new UPs I bought no longer fit (card sticks out on top). Frustrating!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Porter
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
blutangerine wrote:

MDG-7045 = Standard
MDG-7079 = Premium

I just tried Sleeving Takenoko in these since I have spares of both mini-Euro Mayday sleeves and Mini-chimera Mayday sleeves.

The Mini Chimera are a very tight fit. They are perfect height, but the card bends in the middle very slightly, due to the width, so the deck will not sit neatly and flat.

The Mini-Euro are slightly too long and slightly too wide, but not enough to induce OCD and cause me to bring out the scissors. I would say that these are the better fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson
Belgium
Gent
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
don't use the Swan Sleeves 43x65, they don't fit.

MayDay's Chimera dark red 43x65 were a good but thight fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Nuske
Australia
Donvale
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I have sleeved mine with mayday sleeves, I just discovered that ultimate guard 44x67 sleeves are a nice tight fit and doesn't cause the card to bend either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
junkmonsta wrote:
While I have sleeved mine with mayday sleeves, I just discovered that ultimate guard 44x67 sleeves are a nice tight fit and doesn't cause the card to bend either.

And just over two years later...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.