Subject: Simplest WW1 solo system rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several great solo systems out there. I'm posting this one for lazy gamers (like me) who don't want additional rules or tables.

Play without altitude rules.

Player plans his maneuvers first.

Enemy planes: just pick up the top maneuver card. Discard it and pick another one if it’s an illegal move (e.g. two consecutive complex maneuvers), or if it’s just stupid (the plane leaves the battlefield, or for example he’s tailing you and suddenly attempts to make an Immelmann).

Simple as the core game. Is it too easy to win? Add more enemy planes until it isn’t so easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Search the web for Tyneside Wargame Club solo rules for WoW. They are simple but really demanding.
I posted two AAR's of them on Wingsofwar.org site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I knew the rules you mentioned, but they use dice and tables. I prefer the simplest way.

But thanks anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case anyone is interested:

Nowadays I'm trying another simple system. I think it was posted in www.wingsofwar.org but I can't find the thread.

Play without altitude rules.

Player plans his maneuvers first.

Enemy planes: pick up four cards. Discard one and arrange the others trying to do your best.

It seems to work fine. Some people may like this since the player is always making decisions. Compared to my previous system, this one has the advantage that you just need to pick 4 cards instead of discarding several cards until you get one that seems right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.