Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
mb
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45616920/ns/today-today_health...

In order for Norway to be self-sufficient in foods, should Hitler come and occupy and UK blockade them again, they have, like all rich countries except for like Singapore, protected their agriculture.

Now, thanks to a combination of unforeseen weather and diet preferences, the country is out of butter. On auction sites, you can find butter for as much as 100 € a kilo (the article is two days old; prices have soared since then, like Dutch tulips in the 1600s).

The other day, a Russian entrepreneur was caught at the border with 90 kilos of Swedish butter he wanted to sell to the desperately Christmas-preparing oil sheiks of the North. Yes, you got it right: they're desperate for butter, and people who bring them butter are punished for it. I wonder if the border police siphoned a tenth of that butter, for their own christmases?

Sweden would have the same situation if not allowed to legally import from Denmark and Germany. I might just go and by a kilo to build myself a Free Trade Tower Cake just for the lulz. Recipes anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always purchase guns instead, at least Goebbels thinks you should.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:

Not really in the best of taste that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

Yeah, milk oil and gun oil do have distinct and different flavors.

Seriously though, is it offensive? Having Nazi's and butter in the same post just lends itself to a reference to the famous quote.

BTW, for a Chit-Chat type tangent, I'm over in the UK this week (Bolton to be exact)! And to wrap back to RSP, they sure are making a big deal on the 'tellie' about the PM refusing to participate with the rest of the continent. The papers too I guess, though the only papers I have seen are the headlines they show on the 'tellie' when they hold up the papers to the camera every morning. Something they don't do in the states. Though I suppose the video and print media are in competition in the states so there is no reason to scratch eachothers backs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika R.
Finland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mondainai wrote:
I might just go and by a kilo to build myself a Free Trade Tower Cake just for the lulz. Recipes anyone?

Buy 20 kilos and make this:

(That'll show the low carb entuhusiasts what the real food is like!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

Yeah, milk oil and gun oil do have distinct and different flavors.

Seriously though, is it offensive? Having Nazi's and butter in the same post just lends itself to a reference to the famous quote.

BTW, for a Chit-Chat type tangent, I'm over in the UK this week (Bolton to be exact)! And to wrap back to RSP, they sure are making a big deal on the 'tellie' about the PM refusing to participate with the rest of the continent. The papers too I guess, though the only papers I have seen are the headlines they show on the 'tellie' when they hold up the papers to the camera every morning. Something they don't do in the states. Though I suppose the video and print media are in competition in the states so there is no reason to scratch eachothers backs.

No worse then teaching students how to get shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
The amazing thing about butter is that you can churn your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika R.
Finland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
The amazing thing about butter is that you can churn your own.

You mean like this, just add water?
http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/powderedbuttercan.aspx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
eikka wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika R.
Finland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

That must be fake. Everybody knows that making stuff @ home means getting the right powder and "just adding water".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mondainai wrote:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45616920/ns/today-today_health...

In order for Norway to be self-sufficient in foods, should Hitler come and occupy and UK blockade them again, they have, like all rich countries except for like Singapore, protected their agriculture.

Now, thanks to a combination of unforeseen weather and diet preferences, the country is out of butter. On auction sites, you can find butter for as much as 100 € a kilo (the article is two days old; prices have soared since then, like Dutch tulips in the 1600s).

The other day, a Russian entrepreneur was caught at the border with 90 kilos of Swedish butter he wanted to sell to the desperately Christmas-preparing oil sheiks of the North. Yes, you got it right: they're desperate for butter, and people who bring them butter are punished for it. I wonder if the border police siphoned a tenth of that butter, for their own christmases?

Sweden would have the same situation if not allowed to legally import from Denmark and Germany. I might just go and by a kilo to build myself a Free Trade Tower Cake just for the lulz. Recipes anyone?

Perhaps I can start my own butter cartel.

I always wanted to have a cartel but wasn't too interested in the drugs aspect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:
Perhaps I can start my own butter cartel.

I always wanted to have a cartel but wasn't too interested in the drugs aspect.

If ever there was a thing to cartel over...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McPhee
Scotland
Glasgow/ Elgin/ Ullapool (Garve)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eikka wrote:
Mondainai wrote:
I might just go and by a kilo to build myself a Free Trade Tower Cake just for the lulz. Recipes anyone?

Buy 20 kilos and make this:

(That'll show the low carb entuhusiasts what the real food is like!)

WTF?

I don't think I've seen anything that crazy in a wee while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Mondainai wrote:
The other day, a Russian entrepreneur was caught at the border with 90 kilos of Swedish butter he wanted to sell to the desperately Christmas-preparing oil sheiks of the North.

Was it you? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Colbert on the butter shortage:
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/40409...

Maybe not viewable internationally, I'm never quite sure what is blocked.

(I know this is a week old but I just got around to watching it on my DVR last night)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.