GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,152 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: More US Amazon deals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kitty Cupcake
United States
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Horus Hersey $61.78 Free Ship
http://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Flight-Games-GW02-Heresy/dp/15...

Age of Conan $39.99 Free Ship
http://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Flight-Games-AC01-Conan/dp/158...

Tide of Iron: Days of the Fox Expansion $34.99 Free Ship
http://www.amazon.com/Tide-Iron-Days-Fox-Expansion/dp/158994...

Arkham Horror: Kingsport Horror Expansion $29.99 Free Ship
http://www.amazon.com/Arkham-Horror-Kingsport-Expansion/dp/1...

Tide of Iron: Normandy Campaign Expansion $34.99 Free Ship
http://www.amazon.com/Tide-Iron-Normandy-Campaign-Expansion/...

Warcraft: The Board Game Expansion $11.99 Free Ship
http://www.amazon.com/Warcraft-The-Board-Game-Expansion/dp/1...

Arkham Horror: Innsmouth Horror Expansion $29.99 Free Ship
http://www.amazon.com/Arkham-Horror-Innsmouth-Expansion/dp/1...

Masons $20.00 Free Ship
http://www.amazon.com/Rio-Grande-Games-292RGG-Masons/dp/B000...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought Masons was fun. I would have to say its worth $20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Arkham Horror $44.37
http://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Flight-Games-VA09-Arkham/dp/15...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Shackelford
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
It seems like Amazon is starting to really try and compete in the board game department!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kitty Cupcake
United States
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MSIMagus wrote:
It seems like Amazon is starting to really try and compete in the board game department!

I am all about supporting the smaller stores, but with the free shipping, it's hard to pass up some of the deals. They did a big sale like this on games this time last year too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

If you look in the sidebar on the right, you'll see three other merchants offering this will free shipping for about 30-50 cents less than Amazon.

It also looks like the Amazon Warehouse has a "used" (?) copy for $42.15 (w/ free shipping).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Shackelford
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
agirlthats4corners wrote:
MSIMagus wrote:

I am all about supporting the smaller stores, but with the free shipping, it's hard to pass up some of the deals. They did a big sale like this on games this time last year too.

See where I generally order from coolstuffinc or whatever board game site is cheapest at the moment. Problem is all those sites require you to spend $100+ for free shipping....Amazon only requires $25. Even if their prices are only slightly better then the competition it means I immediately order a game when I want because I dont need to spend so damn much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MSIMagus wrote:

See where I generally order from coolstuffinc or whatever board game site is cheapest at the moment. Problem is all those sites require you to spend $100+ for free shipping....Amazon only requires $25. Even if their prices are only slightly better then the competition it means I immediately order a game when I want because I dont need to spend so damn much.

Stay here for a while and the you'll never have a problem making a >$100 order. However, your bank account might complain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:

Stay here for a while and the you'll never have a problem making a >$100 order. However, your bank account might complain.

Yes - that is what is so evil about this site!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kitty Cupcake
United States
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MSIMagus wrote:
MSIMagus wrote:

You know what's even worse about Amazon, I have free Prime from being part of "amazon mom". I don't have to hit the $25 to have it on my doorstep in two days. Usually one. Damn them with the Prime shipping! My husband is going to be excited with his Christmas board game haul because I've gone a little crazy. I shouldn't even look on there anymore, but I can't help myself....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Shackelford
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
darksurtur wrote:
MSIMagus wrote:

Heh well trust me we already are placing a lot of orders like that. I felt my wife and I needed something we could do together a few years back and looked in to board games. We both read a lot and she watched a lot of movies where I played a lot of video games. I felt outside our nightly walk we needed more we could do as a couple. She had always liked board games but I had hated them because I had only played stuff like monopoly and clue. I liked Risk...but it took way too long to play all the time. So I llooked in to some alternatives and we got Ticket To Ride, Carc and a few others and fell in love with board games. Our collection in just 3 years has ballooned to almost 150 games! I think we have probably placed a good 10-15 orders each being $100-$200 But hey iv cut my video game expenses drastically and we dont have kids so its not like its horribly irresponsible.

We thought we had finally reached the point where we had enough games and would hardly be buying any....but then we started watching Dice Tower and Drakkenstrike reviews every day or two.....big mistake ;(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MSIMagus wrote:

we did think that last year but the deals seemed to be only from cyber monday to Christmas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MSIMagus wrote:
stuff

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but I always have to give props to another King of the Hill fan

Nice name!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Shackelford
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
@unveilmyeyes - Hopefully thats not the case this year! It seems even a lot of games that have not been on "sale" have had competitive pricing recently. Even if they are not better then sites like coolstuff they are at least close in price vs the usually 30% extra.

@SommerMatt - Heh thanks! You are the first one to notice it! I hate using my real name online so I love using Rusty Shackelford as a KotH tribute
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Carnagey
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unveilmyeyes wrote:
MSIMagus wrote:

we did think that last year but the deals seemed to be only from cyber monday to Christmas

I was going to say the exact same thing... deals seem to vanish after Christmas on Amazon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
netizen wrote:
I was going to say the exact same thing... deals seem to vanish after Christmas on Amazon...

I guess I'd better buy everything now then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kitty Cupcake
United States
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SJBenoist wrote:

You know what's even worse about Amazon, I have free Prime from being part of "amazon mom". I don't have to hit the $25 to have it on my doorstep in two days. Usually one. Damn them with the Prime shipping! My husband is going to be excited with his Christmas board game haul because I've gone a little crazy. I shouldn't even look on there anymore, but I can't help myself....

Beat me to it.

My wife I started using Amazon Mom because the diapers were a good 13$ cheaper than ANYONE else, but the free "Prime" is absolutely killer.

All the X-mas shopping this year has been via Amazon.

Same here. Started with diapers, now it's the main way I shop. I really hope they keep the Amazon Mom program rolling. They have gotten a lot of our business this year because of it. I must say as far as Christmas gifts go, the stocking stuffers I found are killer. Wasabi lip balm, a fart whistle, gum that shocks you, ext. My 10 year old is going to love all the crazy stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kitty Cupcake
United States
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Golden City $25.99 Free Ship
http://www.amazon.com/Z-Man-Games-Golden-City/dp/B003JD0TQ0/...

Skyline 3000 $20.99 Free Ship
http://www.amazon.com/Z-Man-Games-7038-Skyline-3000/dp/B002T...

Chang Cheng $26.79 Free Ship
http://www.amazon.com/Chang-Cheng-Building-Great-Wall/dp/B00...

Owner's Choice $12 Free Ship
http://www.amazon.com/Z-Man-Games-7017-Owners-Choice/dp/B000...

Emira $20.13 Free Ship
http://www.amazon.com/MayFair-Games-4102633-Emira/dp/B000OGR...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Chang Cheng is $15, The Golden City is $15, and Skyline 3000 is $12...at http://toysforthought.com/store/category/6/211/BARGAINS/

flat rate shipping, free at $150.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Shackelford
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
BagelManB wrote:

Chang Cheng is $15, The Golden City is $15, and Skyline 3000 is $12...at http://toysforthought.com/store/category/6/211/BARGAINS/

flat rate shipping, free at $150.

Problem is toys for thought is sold out of half their games 90% of the time. I try and get orders together with them all the damn time and they always seem to be sold out! They also require a $150 min to free ship. These two combine to make it freaking impossible to get an order together with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MSIMagus wrote:

Problem is toys for thought is sold out of half their games 90% of the time. I try and get orders together with them all the damn time and they always seem to be sold out! They also require a $150 min to free ship. These two combine to make it freaking impossible to get an order together with them.

Fair enough, they are always out of stock- in fact, all 3 of those games are out of stock. Whoops!

I wouldn't complain too much about the shipping though. Any of these 3 games would still be cheaper or about the same price as than the Amazon deal, even after shipping. TFT's deals are extremely good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SJBenoist wrote:

Beat me to it.

My wife I started using Amazon Mom because the diapers were a good 13$ cheaper than ANYONE else, but the free "Prime" is absolutely killer.

All the X-mas shopping this year has been via Amazon.

Same here. Started with diapers, now it's the main way I shop. I really hope they keep the Amazon Mom program rolling. They have gotten a lot of our business this year because of it. I must say as far as Christmas gifts go, the stocking stuffers I found are killer. Wasabi lip balm, a fart whistle, gum that shocks you, ext. My 10 year old is going to love all the crazy stuff!

When my regular prime membership expired, i got in on the amazon mom program also. We use a lot of diapers and wipes for our two young ones.

But if I remember the TOS for amazon mom, you get UP TO 9 month of free prime membership as long as you spend at least $25 per month. The way I figure, my wife could have a go at the next trial after my expires.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Anderson
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MSIMagus wrote:
MSIMagus wrote:

How exactly do you become an "amazon mom?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kitty Cupcake
United States
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davethevenerable wrote:
MSIMagus wrote:
MSIMagus wrote:

How exactly do you become an "amazon mom?"

It was offered at the first of this year. You got 3 months of Prime and as long as you spent $25 a month in baby products, Prime continued for up to another 9 months. There is a wait list to join. http://www.amazon.com/gp/mom/signup/info/ref=sv_ba_2?tag=art...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
darksurtur wrote:
MSIMagus wrote:

Or you could place smaller orders when deals show up on amazon, still getting free shipping. Then you don't need to worry as much about your bank account since you aren't be encouraged to place a huge order every time you might want something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.