Subject: 2 player premade map for newbies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally I will get a chance to play Runewars. It'll be a 2 player game. We will not have a lot of time available so we are looking for a good 2 player premade map with good balance for starters so we can just jump in the action. can anyone direct me to any file with such a map? Appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you're inexperienced, a random map will be plenty balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Fischer
United States
Ellendale
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
The truth is always in the last place you look
mbmbmbmbmb
Try to keep the resources spread out and not clumped together when placing map tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I think the reason there is not a prescripted map setup but instead a map setup phase is that how you set the map up will depend on what power you are playing and who you opponents are. All players want food. Undead want metal, while Elves especially want wood. Knowing this effects how you may want to place the map pieces.

So for new players, just be aware of this in a more general way - as previously stated, it's probably better to spread resources out and not clump them together, nor do you want a map where all of one kind of resource seems to be on only one side of the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. It happened we didnt have the chance to play it. We were very busy heroscaping all day. But hopefully this weekend we will try it for the first time, we'll keep in mind your suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Coleman
United Kingdom
Hampton
Middlesex
flag msg tools
Main thing to bare in mind is to make sure both players have access to food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmen Pop
Romania
Cluj-Napoca
Cluj
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my husband have played several 2-player games, as it is quite difficult to find another two players willing to join.

After several games, we reached the following conclusion: for a two player game a random map can be a disaster for one of the players, if he has no food or there is a bottle neck somewhere.

So, what we have done and it worked quite well: we decided to make the map together and decide together how to arrange the tiles so that it would be as balanced as possible, making the game more interesting this way. It does not take very long, considering there are 2 home realms and 4 other tiles to arrange.

So, take care of two things: balanced resources and well, avoid bottle necks if you want a game with more interaction (military).

Enjoy, it's a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.