Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryant Ng
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
My brother likes to play heavy strategy board games. Some of the games he likes are Dominion, Agricola, Carcassone, and Civilization. He's an analytical type and I think he and his girlfriend like heavy strategy games. I'd like to get him a game that he can play with her - it doesn't have to be co-op - but that also leaves room for 5-6 players as well. What might be suitable here? Thanks!

Please let me know if you need more information and I will try to provide more detail.
-Bryant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are few strategy games that are quite good (and a little heavy).

Le Havre Although I would check to see if he has it. Especially if he likes Agricola. Same designer.

Dominant Species
Age of Industry
Automobile
Rise of Empires
Navegador
Die Macher

Good places to start! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Cottage Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Caylus

+1 Dominant Species
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization

It only plays up to 4, but it sounds like it will be right up his alley. He'll be very happy with your gift.

EDIT: Typos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryant Ng
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you guys for the help. In the end, it came to Dominant Species or Through the Ages and with my wife's input, we went with Dominant Species. Maybe I can get Through the Ages as a gift to myself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.