Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony C
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got done playing 4 2-player games with my 9 year old. First he said "I don't want to play a game", then half way through the first game he said "Can we play to 7 champions?".

He says it's "interesting, fun, creative". :D (He also added that emoticon).

On first play I was just thinking "collect and play the largest strength set." The later plays got a little more strategic, where I was discarding more cards, redrawing a few times, and playing more defensively. It's not Agricola (good thing too, I hate that game) but it's not just War either.

With two it's a pretty quick game, each game was no more than 15-20 minutes, and that was with reading the names and the factoids. I can definitely see the game dynamic changing with more players, and if you're looking for a brainburner this definitely isn't it, but it's a fun, quick, silly game that does have a little bit of meat to it. For what it's worth, I lost 3 out of 4 games.
I'm glad I kickstarted it and look forward to this being a good friendly family or social game. I also want to play with more players.

We initially played wrong, we weren't discarding upon scavenging, and once we did that, that changed the game a little bit as well - especially in the case of Submissions.

The one oddity is that it seems like there's a whole lot of discarding and drawing at various times in the game that don't seem to flow real well, but playing 2 player adds to that confusion as well.

Anyway, it's fun and makes people smile. What more do you need in a game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Outus T Dog
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Just played it for the first time with my 13 year old. She's been playing games like Puerto Rico, Lowenhertz, Ticket to Ride, Entdecker (and Magic, Bang and Mille Borne) since she was 5, to give you some idea of her game chops.

And... we had a good time. It was short, fun (read the descriptions at the bottom), and (as you wrote) made us smile. Unsure what more you want for your $15.

Not a new idea... who didn't have a mix and match book or toy as a child? And they all seemed to be three parts in those toys/books. But that is part of the charm for us.

There seems to be some strategy, though we would need to play more and with a larger crowd to see just how much.

Unsure if we will get the chance, though, since my 21 year old saw us finish the game and I expect she will steal it for her and her friends. And I expect there will a drinking component to it.

Anyway... I expected very little and am somewhat of a game snob, but feel like the designers did a good job as a first shot out of the box (except for the box).

To end: Worth adding to your collection for a shorter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.