GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,872 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Great War at Sea: Sea of Troubles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can Subs Attack into a Minor Port? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can subs attack into a minor port?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim S.
United States
CA, TX
flag msg tools
designer
See designer's page...
badge
"... one giant leap..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tyrone,

This was not specifically covered in the original GWAS rules or the "sub flotilla" rules that came later in Plan Orange.

In SWWAS, submarines may attack ships in minor ports. However in doing so, the ASW roll gets a +3 modifier (+2 for port, +1 for shallow water).

Given the original GWAS submarine rules do not allow subs to be placed within two coastal zones of a port, I'm inclined to say rule that GWAS subs cannot attack into coastal zones within two of a port, minor or major. I will however be looking at this as I edit the GWAS/SWWAS rules.

-Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks;I thought I'd let you know that we married the APress GWAS and SWWAS series games with the computer assit program "Shipbase 3",when we meet on the map we transfer it to the tabletop to do battle with our minitures(1:2400 scale)--we have made rules for the transfer process,also for subs,you can also air,torp,and mines attacks with the computer program.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim S.
United States
CA, TX
flag msg tools
designer
See designer's page...
badge
"... one giant leap..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tyrone,

That sounds good! I know a number of folks have married the operational parts of GWAS and SWWAS with more detailed tactical programs to handle combat.

I still have a goal of tweaking the GWAS/SWWAS combat resolution to provide what I feel are better results; will try to get some out in upcoming supplements.

-Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.