GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,144 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Decktet» Forums » News

Subject: Jigger: New Decktet game for the young’ns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: decktet_game [+] [View All]
Greg J
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in time for all of those upcoming family gatherings, I am happy to share Jigger with the ever growing number of Decktet enthusiasts. Here’s the game’s blurb:

A “Go Fish” style Decktet game designed by and for younger players (or the young at heart). With more players and more decks, Jigger becomes the Decktet’s first party game.

The design and playtesting of Jigger has been a family affair. My 5yo daughter came up with the basic “I Demand a suit” concept for the game. I pieced together the nuts and bolts of it and my 10yo helped to refine the game play to the present form. If you have young kids, this game makes a fine alternative to Quäsenbö.

The rules for Jigger can be found by following this link to the Decktet Wiki. We’ve played it with 2, 3 and 4 on and off since we put it together in August and have had a lot of fun with it. My 5yo is very proud of her game and enjoys it immensely. We hope your family does too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks nifty.

Octogreg wrote:
...Jigger becomes the Decktet’s first party game.

Depending on what you mean by 'party game', there are already some candidates. Turtle Soup, for example.[/pedantry]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
Looks great, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg J
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've decided to give Jigger an entry in response to the thumbs and comments posted here. Many thanks and I hope it goes over well for all who try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.