Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Swint
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went to a toy show today in Woodstock Ontario, meh. Then I went to a Goodwill close by afterwards. Looked at the board games there, meh. Then I walked around the store. Laying down on top of a clothes rack (and taking up most of the space on top of said rack) was a boxed copy of FIREBALL ISLAND. It took a few moments for what I found to register in my mind before my hands actually went to grab it. I picked it up for the grand total of $6. That's just slightly less than the ebay rate, about $194 less. I got this game for the Christmas of 1986, and my parents immediately threw the box away while I was engrossed with the board. So I've wanted this box back since around 1990 and I really cant believe I finally found this while thrifting. And that is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, my friend. Nice score.

eBay prices are all over the place on this game, but I say any time you can get it for under $75 it's a bargain. They don't sell for $200 very often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Swint
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They really do. Check out all the $200 sales.

ebay.com

Type in Fireball island, then go to completed items and list highest price first, tons of $150-$200 sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Tanner
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You sir, are one lucky bastard! I commend your find, enjoy your self-given Christmas gift.

On a different note, one thing that really irks about seeing it on ebay are the scumbags who cannablize the game for parts and profit. The same goes for the recently out-of-print Descent.

I hate those fucking scumbags with a passion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.