Hide
7 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Ranged weapons and visibility rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ojodekuervo ojodekuervo
msg tools
After some discussion in the group about ranged weapons and visibility, we are thinking to use this rules. What you think about?

1.- If you shoot into a building with lights out token on it, you can only shoot to the adjacent space(is like all weapons were like range one) if you or any hero in the building is not carriying an item that makes light. (I know that in the faq says that lights out doesn't affect on shots)

2.- With the heavy rain car, all the shots made out of the buildings have a penalization for 1 in the range of the weapon. If you shoot from the inside of a building to the outside, you are not affected, as you are not disturbed by the rain falling directly to your eyes.

3.- you have the possibility instead moving or searching to spend that phase aiming to reduce de difficult of the gun(only the gun) in one. You kill at 3+.

4.- We are thinking about implementing the noise as in the walking dead serie. If you shoot, you have the possibility to attract more zombies, but we don't know how. Any idea?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
advanced rules - all sound good to me

for 3 - just add one to your die roll, that way it helps the shootgun also?

4)when you shoot a gun, the zombies roll D6 and can move that many zombies closer to the shooter? just a thought

Edit -- Oh yea, welcome to the BGG, awesome place you have found, and I love me some LNOE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ojodekuervo ojodekuervo
msg tools
The add one dice to the roll in 3 could be interesting. I should check it.

For the noise, I guess that it is a very big advantage for the Zombie master to move the zombies an extra space. I was thinking in the idea that making a zombie appear. It could be something like when you shoot a gun or use the chainsaw, at the end of that hero turn, just after the phase of fight, if the hero rolls a 1, a zombie appears in that L space, outside a building and in the external part of the board, zombies choice (if there is a zombie in the zombie pool, of course). If the noise is made in the center, random L. With the Dynamite, it should be in the L where the dinamyte is throwed. With the gasoline you make two dice roll. One for the one if it is the case and other for the explosion of the gasoline.

This will simulate the fact that zombies could appear atracted by the sound of the guns as they were just walking next to the town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the zombies need any more lovin....

Though all these rules makes sense, they will make it harder on the hero player. We find the heroes harder to play, and I think these will make it harder.

If you were adding them, I'd consider giving the heroes survival tactics (from the expansion)

Enjoybthe game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
177ark
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kind of agree with Jeff, too many pro zombie rules can take a lot of fun out of the game for heroes. But, as long as everyone is having fun, have at it.

1 and 2, seem minor enough not to unbalance anything.
Suggestion for 2, Sheriff Anderson isn't affected, the hat isn't just for looks.

As for 4, that's kind of tricky since LNOE zombies go where ever the Zombie Player wants them to go so it's not like heroes can hide. But, what about this, when a hero shoots a gun move one zombie one space in the direction of that hero. I'm hesitant to say more than one zombies because that could unbalance the game by either making it too easy for Hero Players to herd zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ojodekuervo ojodekuervo
msg tools
I'm agree that rule 1 and 2 make a little harder the game for the hero, gives some realism but it doesn't unbalance it a lot. 177ark, the suggestion for Sheriff Anderson is great!!! Could be used also with jenny.

The 3 rule gives an small advantage to the hero and a tactical decission to take. Sometimes it's better to slow down, aim and make a better shot to make sure that you kill the zombie you need. If rule 1 and 2 unbalance the game to zombies, this one gives the advantage to the heros.

The fourth one, is more optional, must be tested and see how it works. It's just an idea. Its difficult to implement the sound factor in LNOE. If you make zombies move they win advantage in their worst ability, movement. If one zombie appears, is like you have kill it for nothing... Maybe this rule will work better in an specific scenario thought to give sense to this rule. Anyway, I see the idea to move only one zombie better than a D6 not to unbalance it a lot....... but if you have three heroes shooting from the same building could happen that that zombie so far away reaches you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Huston

California
msg tools
For rule 4:
We use zombie hunger at range 3 for gun shots (non flare gun). It only affects zombies alive the next turn, and follows order of precedence for characters shooting (who shot last). Most situations can be house-ruled this way, but we've been doing it like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.