Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus
Germany
Schorndorf
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I just found the NR-Module for VASSAL and would like to play there.
Any ideas how you can get your decks or starters and boosters in there?

I thought about generating starters and boosters with the usual programs for this job but then I'd have to take the card list and draw them one by one in VASSAL - and my opponent has to do the same while we are connected.

Are there any other ways to accomplish that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't used the NR module, but usually you can save/load your decks with something like right click where the deck goes. So you can prepare your deck offline and have it ready a click away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I ask where you found a Vassal module for Netrunner?

I could use one of those!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i just checked the Vasal page, and there is a donwload listed right there:
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Netrunner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PePe QuiCoSE wrote:
i just checked the Vasal page, and there is a donwload listed right there:
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Netrunner

Whoa! When did that appear? Wasn't there a couple of months ago, but that's awesome.

Many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frizzler
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rojack wrote:
Hi,

I just found the NR-Module for VASSAL and would like to play there.
Any ideas how you can get your decks or starters and boosters in there?

I thought about generating starters and boosters with the usual programs for this job but then I'd have to take the card list and draw them one by one in VASSAL - and my opponent has to do the same while we are connected.

Are there any other ways to accomplish that?

Hi Marcus,

I downloaded Vassal and the Netrunner module; I encountered exactly the same problem with the decks.
I recommend to use either Gccg or Magic Workstation instead. With both these programs, netrunner decks are saved as simple text files.
Btw I plan to be online for a Netrunner game on Sunday evening this week.

SeeYa, Fabian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Germany
Schorndorf
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Fabian,

ich spiele gerade mit der MWS etwas herum.
Deckbau geht, das ist kein Problem.
Aber wie kann ich ein sealed deck spielen.
Es wäre schön wenn ich dazu eine leere Library hätte, das generierte sealed deck lade (Net Seal) und dann daraus mein Spieldeck zusammen stellen kann. Wenn ich aber aus dem sealed deck etwas in die leere Library ziehe, dann erscheint dort nichts.
Benutze ich die volle Library sehe ich nicht welche Karten ich wirklich habe und wie oft ich sie habe.

Vielleicht weißt Du Rat?

Gruß
Marcus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frizzler
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Marcus,

I reply in English because this might also interest other players.

Marcus' question was how to play Sealed with Magic Workstation.

Step 1: Install Magic Workstation and its Netrunner module. See http://userpages.uni-koblenz.de/~ffko/Netrunner/howto.htm

Step 2: Download and install Netseal from www.runners-net.com

Step 3: Start NetSeal by double-clicking NetSeal.exe

Step 4: Optionally enter the seed (or use the one created by default) and add the starter and the boosters that you want to add, then click on "generate cards", then "save cards". Two mwDeck-files are created, one for Runner, one for Corp.

Step 5: Right click on one of those files to open it with Magic Workstation.

Step 6 (optional, but recommended): Switch to View...Library Mode and use the green arrows to order the cards by type / function.

Step 7: Switch back to deck edit mode, use the red button to remove the cards that you don't want in your deck.

Step 8: Click on the save deck button to save your deck.

If you want to play Online, send me a pm to schedule a game. If you like, I can also add your address to my mailing list for casual Netrunner online gaming. Addresses are visible to all recipients. Find players in the chat room on www.runners-net.com.

SeeYa, Frizzler

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Clegg
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PePe QuiCoSE wrote:
I haven't used the NR module, but usually you can save/load your decks with something like right click where the deck goes. So you can prepare your deck offline and have it ready a click away.

Had the same question, but I think that's the way to do it... Open the Cards window/pane thing and then drag the cards for your deck onto the space on the "table" (so, if you're corp, the pile that says "R&D"). Then you can right-click and "save deck" for use later.

It did throw me, though, because when I did that, the status said "ERROR:" or something like that, but I saved a few cards to a deck after doing that, and it didn't complain when I loaded it later...

...Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Germany
Schorndorf
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fabianfritzer wrote:
Hi Marcus,

Step 6 (optional, but recommended): Switch to View...Library Mode and use the green arrows to order the cards by type / function.

Step 7: Switch back to deck edit mode, use the red button to remove the cards that you don't want in your deck.

SeeYa, Frizzler

See, this is the point where I got stuck. If I want to play sealed deck, and I have my cards for sd prepared by net seal, I can load the cards. Fine.

But what I need is way to build a deck only with the cards I got for the sd. So if I cut down my deck from say 90 to 45 cards, I want the cards that I didn't use in my library (MWS library) so I can pick them later for another game. If I have the complete library of all card permanently available, I cannot tell which cards were initially from the sd cards and which I may use for the sd deckbuilding.

cya,
Marcus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frizzler
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rojack wrote:
fabianfritzer wrote:
Hi Marcus,

SeeYa, Frizzler

See, this is the point where I got stuck. If I want to play sealed deck, and I have my cards for sd prepared by net seal, I can load the cards. Fine.

But what I need is way to build a deck only with the cards I got for the sd. So if I cut down my deck from say 90 to 45 cards, I want the cards that I didn't use in my library (MWS library) so I can pick them later for another game. If I have the complete library of all card permanently available, I cannot tell which cards were initially from the sd cards and which I may use for the sd deckbuilding.

cya,
Marcus

Ok, now I understand what you mean.
After using the red button to remove a card from your deck, use the green button to move the removed card into your deck's sideboard. This way, it won't be in your deck, but you have it in your mwDeck-file for later use.

SeeYa, Fabian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NR_MWSPack.zip file is unfortunately no longer available on rapidshare
Edit: it is available on http://www.runners-net.com/ download page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.