Subject: Elite Guards & Treasures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mario p.
Italy
Venice - Treviso
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After some plays, I've still some doubts: tried to figure them out here in the forum but I couldn't.

As we understood the rules, if you fail or leave in a clan house, no matter in which "guards level" it happens, you just add a new treasure to the house and that's it (and you just discard the treasures on your shuriken when you fail, except the first one, not giving them back to the house).

The point is: if the last guard you fought was an alarm one, then when you leave there's a red treasure already added on (also if the sentinels who recovered is not an alarm one): so you just add on a new treasure and the red one remains on the red side (which means the next guy will have anyways to confront an elite guard?)

and more: what if more than an alarm guard comes out? you keep adding "red flipped" treasure so it can happen you meet more than one elite guard in the same assault (and a sum of 5 guards to clear out all the house?)

hope my questions are clear. thanks in advance for your suggestions.
the game is defenetely GREAT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you fail, I believe you choose which treasure to keep. The others are discarded.

To simply answer your other questions - yes. You leave the red side face up and there can be multiple red treasures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kearn Reif
United States
Webberville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
As we understood the rules, if you fail or leave in a clan house, no matter in which "guards level" it happens, you just add a new treasure to the house and that's it (and you just discard the treasures on your shuriken when you fail, except the first one, not giving them back to the house).

You choose which treasure you wish to keep and discard the remaining treasures on the shuriken. Place a new regular (non red)treasure in the house.

Quote:
The point is: if the last guard you fought was an alarm one, then when you leave there's a red treasure already added on (also if the sentinels who recovered is not an alarm one): so you just add on a new treasure and the red one remains on the red side (which means the next guy will have anyways to confront an elite guard?)

Yes. The new regular treasure represents the sentinel.

Quote:
and more: what if more than an alarm guard comes out? you keep adding "red flipped" treasure so it can happen you meet more than one elite guard in the same assault (and a sum of 5 guards to clear out all the house?)

Yes, it is possible to have more than 1 elite guard in a single house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mario p.
Italy
Venice - Treviso
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you so much for the quick replies, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Vos
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Quote:

So in other words, it's a no (if I understand the topic starter correctly).
You always add a regular treasure after you leave the house. So the first guard another player will have to fight is always a normal one (the sentry) and not an elite one, even if the last attack was against an Alarm guard. Afterwards, the player can fight an elite guard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robertopellizini wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

So in other words, it's a no (if I understand the topic starter correctly).
You always add a regular treasure after you leave the house. So the first guard another player will have to fight is always a normal one (the sentry) and not an elite one, even if the last attack was against an Alarm guard. Afterwards, the player can fight an elite guard.

You're correct. I think he was saying the next player will have to confront that elite guard, but I assume they meant 'at some point', not 'as the first guard'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Bayu
Indonesia
Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this game last night and still have question regarding this.

Say I defeated all the guards and the next one would be an elite guard. So I decided to face him but then turns out I failed to kill him, what would happened after I leave the house? Does the elite guard stay or do we add another plain treasure and replace the elite guard with a normal guard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
rbayu2 wrote:
Say I defeated all the guards and the next one would be an elite guard. So I decided to face him but then turns out I failed to kill him, what would happened after I leave the house? Does the elite guard stay or do we add another plain treasure and replace the elite guard with a normal guard?

The Elite guard is discarded. The Sentry (the guard that started face up on the house) stays face up. You add a plain treasure to the house since you failed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johny uffels
Netherlands
zwolle
flag msg tools
The Elite guard is discarded. The Sentry (the guard that started face up on the house) stays face up

why does the The Sentry (the guard that started face up on the house) stays face up ?

This one(and more before him) was beaten/dead already so how does this one come back into play?

So you can never kill a elite guard that is already visited by another player ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johny_boardgamegeek wrote:
The Elite guard is discarded. The Sentry (the guard that started face up on the house) stays face up

why does the The Sentry (the guard that started face up on the house) stays face up ?

This one(and more before him) was beaten/dead already so how does this one come back into play?

So you can never kill a elite guard that is already visited by another player ?

Because the sentry is only knocked out. All other guards are killed. Unless, of course, you prefer to come up with your own reasoning; perhaps you like to imagine the original sentry is a robot. Or they have a clone army of mediocre sentries.

And no, once an elite guard is encountered he either dies or goes away. Maybe he's happy he repelled the last attack and retires.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johny uffels
Netherlands
zwolle
flag msg tools
if I killed/knocked out the sentry and the next card,is a elite card and I kill it. and then decide to go away.

Does the next person who enters this house has to fight the sentry (again.)

what is the purpose of letting the sentry stay in the house, what does it do. ?

At the end of a round do you replenish the goods in the houses up to three ?

if I have two of the same rumor cards(red)
and 8 elite cards(defeated)
have many points is each rumor card worth in points.

if you pull a red card, guard in the beginning of the game do you turn then one good already to his red side ?

if a elite guard is killed or leaves and the next player attacks that house then he doesn't know the value of the next elite guard because it's still hasn't been drown and put on the board are to pull a new guard immediately onto the board yes ?
you can't change the way you battle a guard right so if I attack a guard used you're hight valued card to attack a guard and win the next guard you have to attack also has to be with high valued cards

You can't switch the way you attack right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if I killed/knocked out the sentry and the next card,is a elite card and I kill it. and then decide to go away.

Does the next person who enters this house has to fight the sentry (again.)

what is the purpose of letting the sentry stay in the house, what does it do. ?

Yes, they do. I assume it's a mechanic that's built in to keep the first guard in each house consistent across multiple raids. Whether this is so players may plan ahead a little or just to keep it more balanced for multiple players, I'm not sure.

At the end of a round do you replenish the goods in the houses up to three ?

Only completely emptied houses.

if I have two of the same rumor cards(red)
and 8 elite cards(defeated)
have many points is each rumor card worth in points.?

Then it is 2x the number of guards; 16 points total.

if you pull a red card, guard in the beginning of the game do you turn then one good already to his red side ??

I assume you mean a regular guard with a red 'gong' symbol meaning there's an elite guard? On any sentry (original guard in a house) with an alarm symbol, you may ignore the alarm.

if a elite guard is killed or leaves and the next player attacks that house then he doesn't know the value of the next elite guard because it's still hasn't been drown and put on the board are to pull a new guard immediately onto the board yes ?

Right.

you can't change the way you battle a guard right so if I attack a guard used you're hight valued card to attack a guard and win the next guard you have to attack also has to be with high valued cards?

Yes, except with the exception below.

You can't switch the way you attack right.?

You can, with the 'Tactics' skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sentry remains as long as you don't clean out the house.

If you leave a house before cleaning it out, add a treasure. At the end of the round, re-fill empty houses to 3 treasures.

2 rumors means each elite guard card is worth 2 pts, so 16 pts for 8 elite guards.

The initial sentry has no bearing on the initial treasures, even if it has an alarm.

I don't really understand that last question. The treasures dictate whether or not a guard drawn is "regular" or elite.

You cannot switch your attack from stealth to strength or vice versa unless for have the skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.