Dungeon Twister» Forums » General

Subject: Items and limits rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just found out that I own the 1st edition, the one with the lesser quality. As I went again through the rule book I noticed another thing I overlooked before.

Under set-up it says that players, in turn, place an item face down on the face-down dungeon tiles. the capacity are 2 items on each of the 4 outer tiles and 3 items on each of the 4 inner tiles. So that would be a total of 20 items capacity. In the rules it says that after players place all their items, all the dungeon tile max item capacities are maxed out. but there are only 12 items in all... so is this a misprint in the rules? I don't seem to be missing any items since it matches the descriptions and all the references in the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedrator wrote:
So I just found out that I own the 1st edition, the one with the lesser quality. As I went again through the rule book I noticed another thing I overlooked before.

Under set-up it says that players, in turn, place an item face down on the face-down dungeon tiles. the capacity are 2 items on each of the 4 outer tiles and 3 items on each of the 4 inner tiles. So that would be a total of 20 items capacity. In the rules it says that after players place all their items, all the dungeon tile max item capacities are maxed out. but there are only 12 items in all... so is this a misprint in the rules? I don't seem to be missing any items since it matches the descriptions and all the references in the game...

The tokens placed in the dungeon are a mixture of objects and the characters that were not placed on the starting line. So... (6 items + 4 characters) x 2 players = 20 tokens.

Hope this helps...

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I see!! Seems like I haver overlooked something there... so what do these character tokens do then?

Thanks a lot for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The character tokens are revealed when the room is revealed. Those characters can then take actions immediately.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for your help Geoff... it looks like I completely misunderstood the rules!! So you get to play actually with 8 characters?? I'm confused now... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedrator wrote:
Thanks a lot for your help Geoff... it looks like I completely misunderstood the rules!! So you get to play actually with 8 characters?? I'm confused now... blush

Yes, you do. And yes, you are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it seems... will have to go over the rules again! thanks a lot for your help guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, so you choose four players to start on your starting line -- generally the weak and fast ones work best -- and place four others in the dungeon with the items.

When a room is revealed, the player that reveals the room places all of the characters and the objects of the opposite color. Then, his opponent places the objects of the opposite color.

The active player can then finish taking his actions, and the newly revealed characters can use those actions.

I hope this is clear. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot Geoff! Most helpful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.