Subject: Attacks into a Single Territory from Multiple Territories rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mack Mackintosh
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Hello All -

I just played my first game of FA in about 15 years with a group of my friends, and we had a question regarding the combat rules. It was AWESOME to again be playing my all-time favorite boardgame from my adolescence!

When I used to play FA, back when it came out, we considered declared battles into a single territory from multiple territories as seperate battles.

However, during the most recent game, the question came up as to whether or not these attacks should be conducted as a single, coordinated battle.

Example:

Washington D.C. is held by U.S. forces, 2 infantry, 1 Mech, 1 Hovertank, and 1 Attack Helicopter.

The Eastern Invader has five units (2 infantry, 2 hovertanks, and a bomber) in the invasion zone just east of D.C., and five units (2 infantry, 2 mech, and 1 Attack Helicopter) in the territory just south.

The Eastern Invader declares a battle into D.C., and additionally brings in 2 bombers using the "Attack from Above" rule.

So, my question: Would the attacks be resolved independently (first the invasion zone troops, followed by the southern territory), with the bombers being attached to one of the attacks, with 5v5 & 5v7, or would the attacks be resolved as a single attack, 5v12?

I appreciate your thoughts and input in advance.

Thanks,

Mack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just one big battle, 5 vs. 12. This (combined with the stacking limits and defender-friendly combat rules) is why it's important for the invaders to get flanking positions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.